What were your symptoms before you found out you had a heart problem?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I'm a 29 year old female. For the past 6 weeks I've been going out of my mind. I've been light headed everyday, with a head pain on one side occasionally. I've been feeling sick. Ive gone to pass out 3 times. Had a complete blood count done it all come back normal. I've seen lots of different doctor's they put my symptoms down to anxiety...i know this is not anxiety I just do. Doctors thrown lots of different anti depressants at me. Gave me vertigo tablets. Gave me one week of antibiotics. All of these have not helped the light headidness one bit. I feel tired constantly. My eye's are so heavy. I also have heart palpitations daily. My blood pressure is normal. I kept on going onto my doctor and finally she's referring me to a cardiologist. I'm going out of my mind and feel so down with my symptoms. So my question is....if anyone would be kind enough to tell me.....what were your symptoms before you found out you had heart problems?

Thank you.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Breathless, even upon the smallest amount of movement. 

Husband had a virus that caused his heart failure, they think, there does not seem to be any other reason, fit and healthy other than that, and probably would not have survived if he had not been fit and healthy.

Echocardiogram showed he had dialated cardiomyopathy, with left branch bundle blockage which was causing the two sides of his heart to beat off set to each other, not by much, but enough to cause problems, normal to beat together.

Later that became extreme sweating even when doing nothing, and falling asleep the moment he sat down in an easy chair, I just thought he was tired and falling asleep, Dr's told me he could have been passing out.

I am inclined to think lightheaded is not related to heart problem, husband does not get lightheaded even at his worst, his blood pressure stays at normal even when in full on slow heartbeat with need to install ;pacemaker, consultant furious he was delayed for a day because there was someone worse than he was.

Lightheaded can be caused by blood pressure, standing up tooo quickly from sitting or lying position, a inner ear infection, sometimes very hard to knock down even with antibiotics, may need a follow up course.

• Posted

Thank you Lyn for very kindly telling me about your husbands symptoms. I've found a lump in my neck now just on the right hand side above my collarbone. Doctor still doesn't think it's anything. So I have a fight on my hands x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.