What will she think of me?

Posted , 3 users are following.

OMG, what a day! i have never felt so sad as i have today, i have tried and cried.... i was meant to have a counselling session with my PTSD counsellor., but my phone didn't ring and i missed her call. it's left me broken all day and exhausted as a result. she's the only person who understands me and helps. i feel drained by all of this, if my phone didn't work would she think i was being rude.i've only been going a few months!

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Edited

HI Sam.

Sorry to hear you had to go through this. I would say try not to worry as there may be a reasonable explanation on there behalf. Try ringing that person. Or email. Which ever form of contact you have for them. I have PTSD aswell. Your not alone. Try to stay positive. I'm here for you. I know what it feels like when someone from this field of work don't ring. With this pandemic going on they probably just forgot or had phone problems themselves. Try not to worry. Contact them first thing today and see what they say. Good luck.

• Posted

hi Melissa, i had the sense to contact, well go and speak to someone from there yesterday. it's just so hard and there were lots of other things going on. i almost walked away though because the lady who was there told me i couldn't see anyone and she wouldn't let me in. when i explained what had happened she said she would let the clinical lead know and someone would ring me, but they didn't so i am none the wiser as to what to do. this is hard enough without technical issues. i felt cursed yesterday.

• Posted

sam, I've been in a similar situation before. I had to put a letter in writing to the manager before I got listened to.

• Posted

hi Melissa, i have had a reply back because i went to the building where i'd normally go and luckily someone was there and they have sorted it. my counsellor now has my husband's number so if they can't get through to me they'll try my husband's phone. my ibs is off completely because of it, i have become very down and depressed so have rang my doctor's, enough is enough! i will get this right, i'll be ok, i have no choice.....

• Posted

hi Melissa, i have had a reply back because i went to the building where i'd normally go and luckily someone was there and they have sorted it. my counsellor now has my husband's number so if they can't get through to me they'll try my husband's phone. my ibs is off completely because of it, i have become very down and depressed so have rang my doctor's, enough is enough! i will get this right, i'll be ok, i have no choice.....

• Posted

hi Melissa so i am i, it still doesn't stop the fear though. i've had to talk to my doctor about support, it's getting really tough. i am having the most scary flashbacks!

• Posted

hi Melissa, please tell me she won't not ring again i am secretly terrified it will all go wrong again and i can't stand the thought of that happening....

• Posted

*hi people, can anyone answer a question at all? do you feel there comes a certain with this sort of counselling where you hit a wall? also have any of you ever had a counsellor shouting at you? why would they do this? i feel worse than i did before i had today's counselling session. i now don't know what else to do, she really made me cry!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.