What worked for me

Posted , 1 user is following.

I had lichen planus all over my body about 9 months ago. Severe itching on legs, arms, back, chest.

The worst part is I didn't know what it was. I saw several walk-in clinic doctors who thought it was eczema, psoriasis, bed bites, scabies, etc.

Not until I saw a proper DERMATOLOGIST did I get a proper diagnosis.

He prescribed me Prednisone and this helped immediately.

Unfortunately, once I finished the dose and tapered off it, the lichen planus came back with a vengeance!

I saw him again, and he prescribed me a bigger dosage of Prednisone which also coincided with a 1-month trip to Africa (lots of sunshine and UV light), and THIS seemed to kick the Lichen Planus out of my system.

As a side note, I saw a second dermatologist at the time. She had experience dealing with patients with lichen planus. She does NOT like prescribing Prednisone because of the side effects. She prescribes METHOTHEXATE and ACITNETIN. She says these work as well, and maybe work even better!

If you are suffering from Lichen Planus, I know how hard it is. But get REAL opinions from REAL doctors. Theres a guy going around this forum telling everyone that SJW pills worked for him. His intentions are good, but don't waste your time with that. Use the stuff that REAL doctors will prescribe. Not this bro-science supplement bull.

If your lichen planus is all over your body, take the meds! Kick it out of your system.

If your lichen planus is in a localized area only, hop on CLOBETASOL.

If your lichen planus is on your scalp, make sure the CLOBETASOL is a liquid format so that you can rub it and absorb on your scalp.

I hope this will save you some time.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.