What worked to clear pityriasis rosea in 1 week!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I noticed the herald patch on the back of my neck a little over a month ago then a rash on my chest about 10 days later. Into week 2 of the rash, the first spots on the chest rash were fading a bit (but still getting extremely irritated after working out and showering) but my back was getting so much worse and definitely had that “Christmas tree” pattern. It wasn’t until week 3 when it started creeping higher on my neck that I needed to try to expedite this process and get rid of it faster. TANNING, HEAD AND SHOULDERS, AND AVENNO. I’m barely going on 1 week of this regimen and the rash is almost completely gone in all areas and I hardly ever itch. I’ve tanned 3x at 7-8 mins and come home and use Head and Shoulders as my body wash (I just use my hands and no loofah or wash cloth, I think it’s more gentle for my skin). I use Aveeno Skin Relief lotion after showering. Honestly this is worth a shot and it’s just such a relief now. I never write review or recommendations but this rash was making me super uncomfortable and I was constantly worrying about it and was so bummed when I knew there was no cure. I went to the dermatologist just for confirmation that this was definitely pityriasis rosea, but if you can save yourself a trip, just try out this regimen first. Hope this helps!

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.