What would an ideal TSH and T3 level be 1 year after parathyroid surgery?

Posted , 3 users are following.

After blood test my TSH was 0.95 and T 3 was 3.66, vitamin d 38 and ferritin 7. My doctor does not think I have any problem but the hospital after tests are referring me to an anemic clinic but I feel worse everyday with pains, and exhaustion every day.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jane!  Your levels of tsh and t3 are pretty good.  Normal levels are between 0.3 to 3.0 for tsh and 2.3 to 4.2 pg/ml for t3.  I presume it was free t3 you had checked as total t3 would be 80 to 220 points. Vitamin D3 "ideal reading" would be anything greater than 50ng/ml.  Your level is a little on the low side.  I can understand why the hospital are being vigilant in referring you to an anemic clinic with a ferritin of 7. The range for ferritin is set at 12 - 150ng/ml, so yours is rather low.  Getting everything balanced takes some time.  Don't worry, you'll get there!

Best wishes.....

Jen

• Posted

Thanks for your reply,  your right it just so annoying with doctors and number of hospital appointments.  I was told before i would be much better a few months after surgery but I guess it does take longer it's just a pain lol
  • Posted

My T3 was 4.66 sorry x
    • Posted

You will find that the ranges differ from one lab to another. For example I quoted one from my surgery, but found online it can be as varied as 3.5 - 7.7, so don't worry! These ranges are not set in stone and change all the time, especially if you have hashimoto's thyroiditis.

Jen

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.