What would you do?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all.

This is my first time ever posting on a forum of any kind. i figured this would be most suitable section for questions.

Im 25, usually well and id consider myself very fit.

The past couple of months have been somewhat testing. initially i had a chest infection which developed into pluerisy, i was hospitalised and recovered well and returned to work. I have been "aneamic" since having my first daughter 5 years ago, ive always taken prescribed iron tablets. Now not long after recovering from pluerisy i had another chest infection, this time after no avail from antibiotics i went back to GP and was sent to hospital in an ambulance, i had pnemonia and spent a week in hospital, i came out 3 weeks ago and was told i need to have a iron infusion. i am having this on Thursday (5 days away). I have woke up this morning with a high temperature and being sick suddenly. Since i came home from hospital i have had heart palpatations several times a day, dizziness, there is a lump in my cheek, my hair is falling out. i feel as though im falling apart. i have always been thin but recently lost a lot of weight and have no apetite. I suppose my question is with anemia is it normal to suffer from constant infections? before these chest infections i had tonsilitis 3 times in the year. Thankyou for reading this. x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

sorry i would also like to add... persistant hot sweats throughout night mostly are extremely draining. If you could offer any advice or even just assure me this is normal with having anemia i would be very grateful x

• Posted

Hi it honestly sounds like your immune system is poor and you sound to be very run down. Are you eating well and maybe taking multivitamins as well to give you a boost. It could be a deficiency in one of the B vitamins. I would ask your Dr for a blood test that showed your folate levels, most of the symptoms are associated with anaemia, but what kind? you cam be anaemic but not always iron.

Are you periods very heavy? that could account for some of it.

• Posted

thankyou for your reply. i take a well woman vitiman, have only been for 2 weeks though. I am mindful of what i eat, try to make sure plenty of goodness. I always prided myself on never being unwell, keeping fit etc. The past 6 months i just seemed to have been unwell constantly. My periods are irregular, when i do have one it is heavy indeed. Fingers crossed on Thursday i will start to feel a lot better and have some energy back. Again, your response is appreciated. Thankyou x

• Posted

YES!!!

Heart palpitations are typical with anemia.

As far as sudden weight loss, I'd think it's good idea to get tested for cancer. Do you get mammograms/ultrasounds to check for breast cancer???

• Posted

Hi

Please keep up with the medical intervention. hope the explore all possible causes and find the problem,

when i suffered with anaemia i had cold and cough on and off for over a year and also felt dizzy all the time.

be positive you will be fine.

i wish you well

• Posted

Hi Tyler, I feel your pain. Do you have night sweats or itchy skin? Make sure you have a complete blood workup. You know your body. If you dont feel right stay with it. Why are you anemic?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.