What would you recommend?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I know I comment a lot on here but now feel I need help. What would you take for the stress and fear caused by ptsd through assault which is causing sleeplessness, fear and panic attacks. I don't necessarily want an anti depressant. Don't know where to start, already have counselling but outside this I'm stuck. Only been offered anti depressants. Please help?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sam

You will need to come to terms with your fears and associated distress, your CPN should be trying to instill coping techniques that will help, one of the best ways of sorting this is to talk it out and come to terms with that event.

Sometimes AD medications can help you relate to what happened and help you move on. These medications may not be needed over the long term, your CPN is trying to get into your fears and put them to bed over the long term

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.