What wrong with me ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

This is the first time I've posted or spoke about what's happening in my head and I'm wondering if anybody here has ever felt the same .I've always been an over thinker but over the past 18 months I'm getting stronger and stronger feelings that people around me are going to get hurt in the most obscure ways . it seems really silly but it's starting to drive me mad . I see extreme danger in almost everything, I never worry something is going to hurt me but I picture,vividly, really horrible things happening to my family , for example , burns ,animal bites ,drowning ,people attacking them . just to stress it's never the thought of me hurting them .

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi bob.

Sounds like you are experiencing intrusive thoughts which are extremely distressing. I get these especially when im stressed. I found resources ysed to help people with OCD very useful. I am mildy compulsive with checking things but my main issue is obsessing over bad things happening so the tools out there are really useful. The book the happiness trap is really good. Good luck xxx

• Posted

I vaguely remember going through a phase like this when I was young. Eventually it passed, which I'm sure it will for you also.

Very dim memory though because I'm way older now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.