Whatbare the.symptoms of ALS.I am worried of ALS

Posted , 3 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

My name is Aung. I am 32 yearl old burmese-Indian race.It has been 2 week my tricep is twitching in the same spot everyday.but not continueously.The twitching only occurs when I try to pee or some occation in Bowel Moement.Normal time Almost no twitch.Even I have a few time no twich while peeing small amount.

I did not feel week until I googled and end up with ALS symptom.

Is twitching muscle is Symptom of ALS and I am so sacred.I have series of health anxiety previous.I did Blood Work 2 week ago and all clean.My Magnesium,Potassium and Sodium and Thyroid level are all normal.More over,I have no arthiritis and test come back normal.I visited to Neurologist and she tested me with rubber hummer for Phisilycal Test and she does not seems concern as my limbs are function very welm and I have no sign of Muscle Lost. of ALS though she instruted me to do Blood Test Regsrding ESR,ANA 23-Profile,ANCA.Any idea of those tests?Is Twitching make muscle waste and so is ALS?

I would apprciate any of your suggestions.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Don't worry it's just anxiety,just stop thinking about it and Googling it or u will end up in more anxiety

I did the same thing

I am having twitching in foot arch for last ten months and even it has spread to other parts of my body but still Dr says it's anxiety

• Posted

Thanks Doomi 

but my concern in only when I go to pee the muscle twitch and Now I can feel weakness in My arm.I do not have any idea it is real weakness or not.I just can't concentrate much my daily routine.How is your twitching now ? Is anything help? any medication? 

• Posted

Hi Jake

It's a small span to diagnose anything.

It will eventually go away.

About weakness if u can lift weights , button ur shirts ,open lids of jar ur fine.they don't have any medication on twitching.all they gave me is calcium,vit d ,b12 injections and anxiety med which have lot of side effects.(I discontinued those)

I have visited my neurologist for nearly 4 to,5,times for twitching but he has never suggested me an emg

As he thinks it to be anxiety.

I do feel weakness in my feet sometimes but not always so that's a good sign.

Eat healthy,take care n be positive

• Posted

Dear Doomi

Yes I can lift the weight,In fact I everyday lift the weight to see how it effects.I visited 3 neurologist and phyisical exams they did and they did not too concern .Was your symptoms getting better after taking VitD,B12 and Calcium.How do you feel now?

I too hope it is axiety related problem and not big underlying cause.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.