WHATS GOING ON???

Posted , 6 users are following.

Having endoscopy tomorrow but I’m terrified.Not of the procedure but of results.

I’ve had to wait several weeks for this procedure and my mind has been coming up with all kinds of reasons why these symptoms are happening.  

I have read were other people get sore tender spots under their ribs

. That’s how my symptoms started on the left side which rapidly progressed to severe indigestion, bloating, occasional intestinal cramping, weight loss due to  feeling very uncomfortable after eating. I get hungry so it’s not loss of appetite it’s  fear of eating. 

The indigestion goes through to my back mostly on the left side.

I was just wondering if anybody else had these symptoms.

my mind is going from gastritis to ulcers to worse things . 

I can hardly  stand this worrying anymore.  It’s been weeks. I could’ve had it done sooner except over the holidays the doctor went on vacation. 

I know I can’t get diagnosed I’m here but I was just wondering if anybody else has or had these symptoms. Thank you very much 

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I’ve had very similar symptoms, I had an endoscopy and colonoscopy last Friday.  Thoughts are it could be h pylori but I won’t have results for a few more days, but everything looked good - no ulcer, nothing acute and no cancer concerns.  Stomach stuff seems to make lots of people anxious (including me), but I think not knowing is so much worse because we think of all the terrible things it may be —at least I did, and it turned out to be none of the things I was terrified it would be.
    • Posted

Thank you Amy I really appreciate your response. ??🌸

• Posted

I’ve had very similar symptoms, I had an endoscopy and colonoscopy last Friday.  Thoughts are it could be h pylori but I won’t have results for a few more days, but everything looked good - no ulcer, nothing acute and no cancer concerns.  Stomach stuff seems to make lots of people anxious (including me), but I think not knowing is so much worse because we think of all the terrible things it may be —at least I did, and it turned out to be none of the things I was terrified it would be.
  • Posted

Also, the waiting is awful.  My issues started 10/14, and I’m finally close to answers.  I feel so much relief, hoping the same for you!
    • Posted

Did you ever get answers to the cause of your symptoms? I finally had the endoscopy and it turned out to be gastritis. Still waiting to find out results of biopsy to see if I have H pylori.    No ulcers. Hope you feel better 
    • Posted

Awaiting my pathology results still.  I am feeling much better.  I was started on Zantac 12/14 and have steady improvement since then.   I hope you feel better quickly!
    • Posted

That’s good that you’ve got some answers so far.  With gastritis, stick to a bland diet and avoid greasy, rich or spicy foods.  Try a food diary to see what foods trigger your gastritis.  Hopefully, the h pylori test will be negative.  However, if you do have it, it can be treated with antibiotics.
  • Posted

Could be gastritis which can cause pain under ribs or h pylori which can cause gastritis and ulcers.  Good luck for tomorrow; hope you finally get clear answers.  Gastritis and ulcers usually show up on endoscopies. They can check for h pylori with this procedure via a biopsy.

• Posted

I feel for you I have all your symptoms except the weight loss all I've been given is omperazole n told it's gastritis I've not been put in for endoscopy I do go to see my consultant next month so I will see what he suggests I've been like this for around 8 months I had it in arms back shoulder but with omperazole it's not as bad as was I'm feeling continuously nauseaous 24/7 no energy n breathless please keep posting and best of luck to you xx

• Posted

8 mos is a long time!  My original diagnosis was gastritis and I also was put on omeprazole - it helped a bit.  At my first GI appt I was switched to Zantac and that made a huge difference for me.  I’ve also found daily meditation helps me too.  Hope your consultation goes well.
    • Posted

Thankyou Amy, mines very longwinded, taking ages but I see consultant in feb so he could say more I had chest X-ray clear bloods done clear I don't know anything about Zantac is that a ppi keep me posted as to how you are doing wishing you well x

• Posted

Hey calm down.. Thats my symptoms for 6 months.. Its likely to be gastritid

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.