whats the point?

Posted , 5 users are following.

whats the point in taking the blue tablets?some of you seem to still eat as you did before, slap up meal,curries,dinners if you are going to eat as you did before why bother?i thought the idea of orlistat was that they changed your eating habits.im due to start them myself hopefully but after read ing on here am beginning to wonder if i will bother.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Most of us on this site have lost weight by taking the tablets. They do at least prevent your body from absorbing 30% of the fat eaten which has to be worth it.

I personally have not had any of the unpleasant side effects and am eating well by sticking to the guidelines and have managed to go down one dress size in three months.

Only you can decide whether to give them a try, the only thing you can lose by doing so is weight and inches.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Beryl

• Posted

i just want to clarify incase anyone decides to have a go lol that the post earlier titled \"wots the point\" was posted by a friend of mine using my comp!
  • Posted

Just to say that I have joined the posts together, so now makes more sense - well sort of
  • Posted

hi Lin i shuda done that in first place wuda been easier!
  • Posted

Your absolutely correct! Its the same with any diet. If u don`t change ur eating habits...the chance of losing weight is zilch. PLUS, by taking the tablets and eating normally...the chance of sh*ting yourself is greatly increased.

As Berly says, the tablets prevent ur body absorbing 30% of the fat from foods u eat...hence, encouraging ur body to munch on the fat already stored.

So its about taking the tablets....and choosing a healthier eating style, a bit of exercise.....and hopefully all this together will get some weightloss.

• Posted

I agree what's the point in taking the tablets if you don't change your diet! One thing these tablets have trained me to do is to think carefully about what I put in my mouth! Granted sometimes its trial and error but you learn what you can and can't eat!

I read the labels of everything I buy now and do alot more home cooking from scratch so I know what I am eating.

I have invented many dishes so good and not so good but it all fun!

SO keep that food to low fat!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.