whats this constant need to clear my throat all about??? please help

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi there not too sure where iam suppose to post but i hope someone can help me, im 20 years old and currently 28 wks pregnant, for the past week i have been experiencing the constant need to clear my throat/chest, sometimes theres no mucus to cough up and sonetimes tuere is, not sure if ive become over sensetive to my throat or what? I suffer a great deal from heartburn and possibly acid reflux due to stomach contents coming up in my throat, could this be from pregnamcy related issues or somthing more serious?please help thanks.

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Evening  Maisie! Sorry the the reply I sent you yesterday didn't come out very clear I tried replying from my phone & it doesn't look as if you got my other message never mind, the message was meant to read that the acid reflux can iritate the throat & miight be the cause of the urge to clear your throat what I had put in the second message was about whether you stillhave your tonsills or had them removed as I wandering that if you do still have your tonsils whether this could also be the cause of needing the clear  your throat, do you suffer from tonsilitis it might be the cause then again it might not be & if your throat itches atall it sounds just like what brenda suggested an allergy!It might be dust,pollen ect. Also what dawndee suggested in trying is a excellant idea as this remedy as suggested is good at killing bacteria! I wish you well & please keep us updated!
    • Posted

Hi karen thanks for your reply, yes my throat does feel abit irritated at the mo due to clearing my throat quite often and i also get heartburn quite abit everyday, worse at night, i also burp up stomach contents too, i tsill have my tonsils but they are quite big ive always had big tonsils tho so dont think thats the reason, i get tonsil stones quite alot aswel, im abit of a hypochondriac and worry an awful lot about my health i canr help but think the worst all the time
    • Posted

They say here in the U.S....it's our worst season ever for allergies and we have folks everywhere thinking they're getting this or that and really it's just that nasty drainage going down the back of the throat and it can irritate even to the point of taking your voice for a day or 2. So you probably need to see someone and do process of elimination to narrow it down. Annoying for sure....I think I would pop some antihistamines anyway....but that's just me...lol. ladyjack51

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.