Whats this skin condition, eczema or bites ?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I recently slept in bed with my partner and The next day I woke up with this on my face. It didn’t look as bad then it started to get worse. My eye got swollen and itchy and my face continued to get these spots, it was also itchy and still is. I went to the doctor, he said it was an allergic reaction but my friend says it looks like I got bit by possibly bedbugs. I have a history of eczema But it has never flared up like this and it hasn’t come up recently. If anyone can tell me if it looks like it or anything else it could be. I never got the chance to show the doctor my neck just face. first picture is from the first day, the rest is how it looks today (3rd day). The doctor gave me cream for eczema. I have these spots on my face, neck & arms.imageimageimageimageimageimage

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Doesnt look like bed bug bites. It looks more like an allergic reaction. If it was your bed then its possibly something your partner was using like a deodorant/perfume spray/ shower gel/ shaving foam or something like that.If it was his bed then maybe a reaction to whatever the sheets are washed in, or even a reaction to some sort of residue/dust in his bed. I am assuming you are female , so apologies if I have got this wrong.

You could try some antihistamine tablets one per day. If you start to feel unwell go back to your doctor.

The other possibility is that you have eaten something you are not familiar with. Have a think.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.