Whats Up with Pineapple and Fibro?

Posted , 5 users are following.

For years..I never understood why I would have those 2 or 3 random good days every month.

I think I figured it out when I started planting food on my window sill. I heard you could plant Pineapple so I bought one from a local store..and cut off the top to plant it. So followed by also started eating a slice every morning. Within 48 hours I had the BEST DAY EVER since I was like 28!

Im 46 and usually I wake up feeling like I'm 90s years old!  So this was good..I spent the day walking faster and keeping up with my tall husband who usually has to walk slower for me. The next day...AMAZING...This was not normal..two amazing days in a row..then it went to three...I said something is different..what was it?  We both noticed I never buy raw fresh pineapple that we have been munching on for the past 3 days.  When I looked up what was in Pineapple...Bromelain..and other enzymes that reduce the following: Pain, swelling and bruising.  Well..I went on to read that more bromelain is in the core of the pineapple..so I've been chewing on that and spitting out what I cant breakdown and of course eating the pineapple pieces too!  Im on 7 full day of 80-90% pain and soreness reduction.

The randomness of the past?  Yeah..when I go on video shoots or catered company events..there is usually fresh cut fruit and some pineapple in there. I usually added a piece or two of pineapple.  It would account for those random days I had where I felt like I was 50 yrs old..instead of 90!!  48 hours after...I would have a halfway decent productive day. WOW! It makes sense now.

Anyone else have this happen with pineapple????

My next question...can you become desensitized to over eating pineapple and return back to the sorry state I was living in?

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Wow Kubie! What a lovely break through for you. Bromelain, interesting. Well if it works for you sweetie, keep incorporating it into your diet. If you are growing them, then they would be pretty organic heh? I don't think you would become over sensitive to them. So happy for you girl! 😘 

• Posted

This is fascinating, I just googled this and you are right. Apparently pineapple is good for fibro. But I HATE pineapple...nooooo! Might have to try and start forcing some down. Willing to try anything that might help! Thanks for this post Kubie. xx
  • Posted

Hi Kubie, I have eaten plenty pineapple in the can with 100% pineapple juice. It has no effect. I had fresh pineapple in May and didn't not notice any difference in pain symptoms. I will definitely try it again. Thanks for the info. Your break through pain free week is great. Keep eating it and give us an update on whether the pain stay away or come back. Thanks again. 😊

• Posted

I learned the same thing on an episode of doctor oz. I buy fesh pineapple weekly. I cut it up, including the core, and place it in the blender to make smoothies on a daily basis. Really makes a difference. Been doing this for months and have not been desensitized yet.
    • Posted

How much of a difference on the pain of 1/ 10? 1 is the least and 10 the greatest. Can you state the pain before and after? Thanks
    • Posted

I never thought of putting pineapple in my green smoothies. Thanks for that Kiki! If I eat pineapple on its own, I get these little pimples all over my tongue. 
    • Posted

Can't state on a 1 to 10 because I changed my whole routine in eating and medication but the combination definitely changed from 8 to a 4. I was able to manage my flare pain. I used 8 as a high because I know there are those who suffered worse than myself. And a 4 cause I was able to be get up and do more. Before changes all I could do is unload the dishwasher and that would knock me out for the day. Afterwards I would be able to clean maybe a room or two before getting tired. But I also cut out sugar, caffeine, gluten, and dairy.

• Posted

You can put it in green smoothie or I put it in my protein smoothie too with raspberries, strawberries and blueberries. Lots of antioxidants.
    • Posted

All of the berries your are adding to your drink are also good for inflammation. In addition to the pineapples that's probably is helping with your pain level as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.