Whats wrong? Am I becoming psycho? Need help

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi you all. I want you to tell me is this normal or whats wrong.. I "feel" like I have done some things I havent actually done... Like some very bad things I would hate myself for.. but I deep down "know" its not real, but keep feeling and obsessing over this and it affect my life very much.. at these moments, I feel very uncomfortable and panic a lot and cry.. like i just cant stop overwelhming emotional stress / feeling and start sweating, thinking very bad things about myself and becoming suicidal.. like something tell me "You will never be happy, you will only live this way... and its not worth..." I have noticed it has stressing me a lot and i dont feel like myself anymore... i avoid going out, doing things i love and everything i loved before... it somehow changed my inner self.. I even had seizure once and dr told me its because of stressful life.. Please someone help me.. im destroying myself... have anyone experience with this?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

What you are experiencing is anxiety and pure sheer panic attacks! When i have horrible anxiety, i feel guilty over the smallest stuff!!! So your thoughts of you may have sone something, but yet you havent, is not uncommon. Have you recently started a new med? When I first went on lexapro I had such bad panic attacks that here is what i was worrying about....that i wouldn't be able ro stop myself from hurting someone....and i got this crazy idea...from a book i read like yrs before that!! Just crazy obsurred thoughts and panic. When i stopped the med, as per my md's recommendation...immediately....the thoughs went away and inrealized how irrational they were. When someone has severe anxiety and panic, nothing works properly in the mind and you spin out of control. Id go see a doctor right away. Just so rhey can help you determine what is causing these thoughts!!

• Posted

Hi Emma,

These symptoms are very common with anxiety.  I would go to an anxiety therapist to confirm it. I had some of these bad thoughts that  got even nastier when I smoked a little pot. When I stopped doing that, my anti anxiety meds did their job just fine.

You are not alone. Everyone with anxiety has these kinds of episodes. I would get diagnosed by a qualified anxiety professional. If it is anxiety,(which it certainly sounds like,) they will prescribe something to calm your mind and body so you can think clearly again. Please do this for yourself, and let us know what you find out. Sending you a big hugneutral

• Posted

Sometimes in our extreme anxiety when we feel bad we start to think we are bad. Hence, your guilt that is not even based on truth. If we do something wrong we should have guilt and correct the wrong but you did nothing wrong! You are thinking wrong. Don't believe the lies. Breathe deep and try to relax and know you will be okay. Hugs.

• Posted

With your doctor saying stress brought on a seizure.Are you on meds? Sure doesn't sound like it. I have anxiety and panic, and have been on meds for years. Actually I have heard of thinking you might have done something terrible. This lady I know told me she would think she hit someone while driving, and would always go back to check. You mean stuff like that? The mind does play tricks on us, when we in a constant state of angst. Anxiety and depression is the worst. Please, please go immediately to you doctor and get this stopped. There are amazing meds for this. GO.

• Posted

This obsessive behaviour will make you ill in time.  you need to talk to someone you trust about why you have these guilt feelings to iron out the problems you face.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.