Whats wrong with me?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi i am 19 years old, I have found blood in my stools several times, I feel constantly bloated, I have pain sometimes, I have had loose stools for 8 months now.. I am going to see a speacilist but not until June, I am worried. 

I know there is something wrong with me, I feel like no one takes me seriously because things like this dont happen to people my age.

I won't leave my house any more because it is very bad.

Has anyone had the same issue or know what it could be?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Go back to your GP with stool samples and details of when and how often you find blood also how often you are bloated and I am sure they will take you seriously.

good luck

• Posted

Hi leah,

I was in pain for many years before anybody would listen to me and I finally got my diagnosis....

My main bit of advice is to make sure you tell every doctor everything about your pain and illness ... no matter how little you think it will matter or how many doctors you see!! At some point somebody will listen and finally find out what is wrong!!

Also if you write a little diary of how you feel and what your stool samples are like every day then when you see your doctor you wont have forgotten anything that could be important smile

Keep your head up and it will all get figured out and youll be put on the correct treatment ... dont let it control your life ... live your life to the fullest smile

Hope this helps x

• Posted

Thank you both for your comments!

I do keep contacting my doctor and pesting them but they dont seem to rush anything, i wont give up, i will keep trying! 

• Posted

Have you got any family history concerning ibs crohns or colitis as if you do it gives me a nudge in the right direction... As said before I'd insist they test a stool sample and take blood to check blood count as it shows inflammation go from there
  • Posted

Hi leah I had same syptom s for months at first they thought my appendix had burst which helped because it gave me a excuse to go to A & E and once they found it wasn't my appendix chrohns was finally diagnosed but I had to have a camera to confirm blood in your stools is not something to leave I would keep pushing your gp for answers say the pains unbearable (mine was) and you don't feel like your living as your to scared to leave the house for the fear of getting caught short I understand this trust me and so do most chrohns colitis and ibs sufferers if all else fails next time your in pain and bleeding from bowel go straight to a&e they will then have to investigate further as blood from anywhere can be a serious indication something more serious is happening (best of luck)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.