Whats Wrong With Me ?!!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello, My name is Sajjad, 19 years old, i`m from Iran so i`m sorry in advance for my Sloppy English ...

its been a while since i`m feeling weired about myself, i think its low self confidence or something like that.

i really need help so any comment would be helpful ... 

i feel so lonely, some of my friends left me because they said was big headed i Absolutely do not feel this kind of thing in myself ...

there was this girl that i really liked and she didn't gave me a chance to show her how much i care about her, she said she`s not ready for a relationship and didn't want ANYONE to like her ... any way she has a boyfriend now !

i have serious problems with my dad and always fighting over any little thing, maybe its because his 50 years older than me.

the problem is because all of the things above i feel so lonely i have no friends to count on no girlfriend to be with and no family to support me ...

i'm starting to feel there is something seriously wrong with me ...

by the way i started to smoke cigarettes about 6 month ago and sometimes i smoke weed and in not proud of it but they give me an edge.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sajad. I'm so sorry you are feeling so lonely and isolated, but please know -- there is nothing wrong with you. You are 19 -- I am 73, and I still have times when I feel exactly like you do now. Just keep repeating to yourself, "This will pass, and I will feel better." I think it's very normal to have some unhappy days in one's life, even though lots of people don't want to talk about it!

You just broke up with a girl you liked, and you are having  problems with your father -- it's no surprise that you are feeling down. Anyone would feel down in your situation.

Perhaps you could ask your doctor to refer you to a counsellor who can help you to learn some techniques to handle your emotions. There is something called Cognitive Behavioural Therapy that aims to help people like us -- turning negative, sad thoughts into more "realistic" ones.

Let me know how you get on.

Meanwhile, take good care and try to be nice to yourself!

Elizabeth

• Posted

HI believe it or not you are not alone you are young and trying to find yourself and its scary, your so called friends called you big headed because you put on this face to think think it would make people like you instead it done the opposite, parents are the hardest to get on with if they are not cool parents it not till your 20yrs older your realise they only want the best for you, but that is no good now, but try to get on an even par with your dad without arguing, you will b surprised, having a girlfriend is not the be all and end all, to be honest you are best to be single till you learn to love yourself and what i mean by that is have more confidence in yourself and learn to know what your likes and dislikes, once your happy with yourself you will see that other people will be happy around you and girls will come to you, even find a hobby or join a club 
  • Posted

Hi sajjad25612 - sorry to read you are suffering. Are you able to see the doctor? You need a place to discuss how you are feeling. You may be depressed. it sounds like you are self medicating - taking up smoking and particularly smoking weed, which is what I did for about 20 years. It won't solve anything in the long run. Medical attention is the best bet. 

• Posted

you remind me of myself ..

first of all its okay to be lonely , that doesn't mean there is something wrong with you it just mean you didn't find the right people . you seem to have a power but you are using it in a bad way which is smoking .

Try to find a sport team to join , or even join the gym .

Focus on yourself on your mind , body and your studies cause that what you need to worry about the most .

and when you give yourself the love and the attention you need . everything will suddenly change ..

be positive cause people come and go .. and be happy smile 

• Posted

Hi Sajjad

I can relate to your story. I'm sorry that this has happened to you. First off the previous comment has some really helpful stuff - focusing on the gym, your study, work, hobbies - even cooking! When you are busy and taking care of yourself you feel much better. Also I recommend you read "how to win friends and influence people" by Dale Carnegie. It has really shaped the way I communicate with people resulting in much stronger relationships. If your friends called you big-headed then this book will help you. It's also very powerful for socially anxious people who need a few tips and tricks. I take a herbal happy pill called pre-gaba (it's basically like a natural anti-depressant) which maybe could help smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.