Whats wrong with my brain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Not sure where to start this discussion so here I go. I have been abusing marijuana. I used to smoke every day for about 4 years while at the same time abusing the computer always playing games etc. My body weight is normal and I have no health disorders or anything, but during those years I barely got any excercise at all.

However some week after I quit smoking I got panic attacks and I was sure I had gotten some heart problem or something. Checked it out and there was nothing. It was about the same time I woke up in the morning and my body was almost completly desensitized, which isnt the biggest deal if it werent for the fact that it also affected my penis.

I have taken an MRI and some other tests without any results. I have not smoked for about 8-9 months now and the problem I have is that I am still desensitized, not as bad as it was before but it its so depressing. I am on the computer 24/7 as it is a way too deal with my anxiety but the biggest issue im having is my vision.

My vision has become really bad sometimes when I walk outside its almost as if im seeing in pictures just moving frame by frame and its a living nightmare... I know I need to cut down on the hours gaming etc.

But I need an answer to what this is? Could it be my brain is just extremely tired and needs resting or is it something serious?

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

i would guess it is a combination of the withdrawal of drugs, which might be worth following up with a recovery service.

Also, the like of daylight, exercise and your vision centred on a screen all the time isn't helping.

• Posted

I was only smoking weed so I dont see how im supposed to have withdrawal after 8 months. And if thats not it have I damaged/ruined some nerve? Becuase at times my feet or hands get extremely hot and I know that has something to do with the nerves? Also why is my whole body desensitized? If there is no way for me to recover I have no reason to live.
    • Posted

I can only offer the same advice, get away from the screen, go see some natural daylight, exercise. See a recovery service to see what they say.
  • Posted

I concur with the advice that RHGB as said. I would add that you maybe best to have an eye test. If you have spent the amount of time on the computer that you say you have then i am not surprised you have vision problems. Exercise and go for walks. If you smoked marijuna every day for four years then i think you are best to go to a recovery centre, no harm in checking out the implications smoking could of caused. Otherwise go to the GP and ask for a health check. 
  • Posted

Hi I agree with the others.   You are not exactly leading a healthy life and many of your problems could be caused by this.   Certainly your vision would be affected spending so long on the computer and I am surprised you don't realise this.

If your anxiety is so bad you need to be online 24/7 then obviously your meds aren't working properly,  or it has just become a habit.

A word of advice - I have a friend who spent most of his time on the net and rarely got any exercise.  He now has nasty continuous pain with ligament problems in his back and might never recover properly.   You need to learn how to start living a normal life again.    You can't expect to be healthy when you live like this. 

• Posted

The lack of daylight and glaring at the screen. I was so depressed and was doing the same thing. I started MAKING myself to go out in the daylight. Also probably see eye doctor. 
  • Posted

Thank you guys for the answers. So if I start cutting down the hours in front of the screen, start excersing at home and go out for walks how much could I recover? Thank you again biggrin
    • Posted

You need to be leading a 'normal' life again.  Working (if you can),  going out,  seeing friends,  and making a future for yourself.  Before you know it you will be 10 years older and all that time has been wasted online.  

Just keep your online gaming to around no more than 3 hours a day and as a hobby not your life.   You should recover physically in time unless you have done permanent damage. 

Mentally you need to take part in life and spend it living not playing games online.   x

• Posted

I'd cut the hours down to no more than one. Exercising outside, like walking, for long periods, not 5 minutes. Eat healty food, I doubt you have touched anything green in yonks.

How much you improve, will depend on how bad you are and how much effort you make to improve. A 5 minute walk, takeaway meals, and 10 minutes less a day on the PC will achieve nothing.

• Posted

Thank you  for your answer, and you aswell RHGB. So if i have made some permanent damage, which I belive, what would be my options?
    • Posted

Start living a normal life and wait and see if any damage has been done.   It certainly will not help your mental state to avoid real life and living in a virtual world.    x
  • Posted

I can only say again. Go to an eye doctor, get some natural sunlight and spend as less time on computer as possible.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.