Whats wrong with my girlfriend

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, my girlfriend has these sort of episodes that come on suddenly. They have been happening for years. She will suddenly start sweating, having rapid breathing, and become extremely fatigued. On one occasion she fainted and she has vomited a few times. She also seems to become very thirsty. I think I have noticed the episodes often happen when she is very hungry. Once she sits down drinks cold water and eats something the episode usually will pass. I have talked to family friends that are nurses but no one seems to be sure what is wrong, and I can never seem to convince her to go to a doctor to get it checked. If anyone has any idea what kind of condition or problem she has I would really appreciate the info.

Also, I am not sure what group to post this in so let me know if there is a better one.

Thank you,

David

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

That sounds concerning David. Best thing is to really try and convince her to go to a doctor and get some tests done.

Has she considered panic attacks?

• Posted

David it could be very simple like low blood sugar. Has she had her urine tested or any blood tests? You say this happens when she is very hungry.Is she eating regular meals? If she is putting off eating because she is trying to stay thin,for example,this is what can happen. Is she underweight?

Small regular meals may be the answer .

• Posted

Panic Attack probably. When I'm overly anxious I get extremely thirsty and need water. The beating heart and sweat sounds like anxiety.

• Posted

Yeah I never thought of low blood sugar. I didn't catch you say when she's hungry. If that's the case and it's not happening when she's not hungry then it might be sugar levels. Sit her down, tell her you'll go to doctors with her.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.