Whats wrong with my stomach?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all,

I'm 28 and I have always had a very slight intolerance to milk but I ignored it because it wasn't really causing any problems. I would occasionally get an upset stomach or diarrhea when i had too much milk, but I love milk so just carried on having it! A few weeks ago I became very unwell in the night (Upset stomach, diarrhea, temprature, body sore all over, feeling sick etc) and this lasted for about a week. I think I must have had food poisioning. During that week I cut out all dairy and was just eating bland things like toast..rice.. etc. I seem to be better now and have been for about 2 weeks but now my stomach is getting really upset and diarrhea everytime i have milk, much much worse then what it used to be like. My stomach seems to be really sensitive since that potential food poisioning a few weeks ago.

Could this be something serious? What's causing this? Thanks!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

As you know you are dairy intolerant try cutting it all out of your diet. Its hard work at first as you have to be suspicious of every food, especially processed or prepared food like pies, pastries etc., but its really worth it and you will feel so much better. Look at the list of ingredients which should be on all prepared packaged food. dont forget that dairy includes cheese, yoghurt, butter, etc etc. Some folks think it also includes eggs but eggs are not dairy. You may have to get used to different tastes like soya or almond milk etc and sometimes play safe with vegan options, and put up with raised eyebrows when you say you are dairy intolerant but give it a go and stay strong.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.