Whats your must have for going thru detox?

Posted , 3 users are following.

On Day 3, still feeling awful.

Went and picked up......

​Ensure - to get some nourishment in my body

B Vitamins - Thaimine and B12

Folic Acid

I had Vitamin C and Zinc

​I got some Pedilyte

​Drinking the ensure now...and since I was able to even go out this a.m. was a miracle...but the Ensure is already clearing my head a little bit.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Not sure what 'ensure' is lol! But you're taking the right vitamins. Homemade soup was always my lifesaver. I found eating very hard and had to force myself to eat, but some days couldn't eat a thing. I think I'm the opposite to you, I eat a lot more when I'm drinking. Big fry ups, bacon, eggs etc. My cooking when drunk left the kitchen looking horrendous. I always used to intend to tidy it up later, but would then pass out in bed, leaving a right mess for someone to clear up!
    • Posted

Ensure is a drink for elderly people who can't eat...with lots of vitamins and minerals...I also bought the Pedialyte because it has alot of potassium in it and for weeks I have been having bathroom problems (used to give it to the babies for that).  I took all the vitaimins at once and drank the ensure...then felt nauseous..but I'm on my way up...cause I went out 2x today and I took a shower.  I FEEL horrible...and like I'm 80....but yesterday and the day before I felt like I was DEAD and just moving.

​However, I am still even "forcing" these fluids down...and I just ate a piece of bread that went down a little simpler "yay".  If I ate LIKE YOU when I drank...I probably be wouldn't in this position I ate NOTHING

• Posted

hang in there MIssy2!! You can do it although you do not seem to doing that well...keep it up and keep trying..I know this sounds booring and outdated perhaps but what else can I say??it is worth it and we WILL support you day and night to keep you sane...ha ha ...we have all been on both sides...but the dangeours ones are the ones who pretend to be normal...we know that we are not...this is all joking of course...keep well!!
    • Posted

I was blessed today that my Dad does not want a ride tommorow...another good morning of rest...thanks for the response...Its get to get boring listening to me go on and on about how sick I am...I just hope it is helping those are EVEN thinking of picking up a drink not to....Because don't think YOU wont get this bad...I never thought so either....and here I am.
  • Posted

In detox they gave me high doses of gabapentin. And shots of vit B 1

It's okay to tell your doctor to ask for the gabapentin- it's used so you don't have a seizure. It also calms you down. I highly recommend it. And I ended up drinking after 10 days. But I still take the gabapentin daily for anxiety. Please do not try to do this on your own it's too hard and why not ask for help - remember your not the only person who has this problem- the fact your trying speeks volume.

• Posted

Your right..I do take Lyrica - it is for pain but does stop seizure activity.

​I hope I am by that stage...I am also taking Lorazepam for anxiety (a benzo) which they give in hospitals for withdrawals..

​Seems BAD to be taking all the "pills"...but hey...I didn't think 2x about all the liquor I was drinking...well I did think about it...but felt stuck in it.

• Posted

Is this your 3rd or 4th day without any alcohol? Sorry brain fog, can't remember. Right I understand what ensure is now, my mum used to have them. It's a good idea, at least you're getting daily nutrients which will help you to feel better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.