Wheezing can't breathe

Posted , 2 users are following.

After getting stuck in the rain Saturday night I fell asleep early and kept choking on everything I was eating had a constant tickle in throat I awoke early sunday morning to chest and throat pain the pain where I knew I was in for a cough /ill it was the same feeling I get before I'm poorly sunday morning wake to wheezyness my throat is constantly feeling wheezy full and strange I can't describe it accept breathing feels masked ?? Anyways today the wheezing is just as bad im coughing which is hurting my chest and its heavy and tight konda the chest infection feeling accept I can hardly get any phelm up normally with a chest infection I cough and phelm comes up easy but only in mornings it does this now and its yellow and also doesn't relieve the wheeze I'm now feeling like I'm been strangled I can't get a full breath in my back feels like warmth is inside it I've tried vicks ..hot drinks ..cold drinks. ..fizzy I'm pregnant so I don't want to try any tablets what can I do ?? Does it sound like I'm panicking too or like I have a severe infection or a severe asthma attack ?? I'm scared I don't want to be like this at all but I just can't help it I've never beej this short of breathe before

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Fill a basin with hot water, grab a towel and throw it over your head and let the steam loosen up the phlem. Do this every couole of hiurs for a bit, then have sime honey in lemon tea is helpful as well. Have a humidifier by your bedside. Some old fashioned chicken soup with lots of veggies. Focus on foods and drinks with vitamin c. Watch your temperature and if goes to 101 call your doctor. Time will heal it up. So unfun when pregnant to be sick. Feel better soon. Be sure sure to take it easy for the next week.
    • Posted

Thank you I've never struggled this much to breathe I feel my anxiety is making it 10x worse I woll deffo fill the basin and try honey and lemon I've had some methol sweets for chest and throat helped for half a hour now I'm back gasping again xx
    • Posted

Sounds like you need to see a dr ASAP, or out of hours centre. If you're gasping and struggling to breathe then I would get medical help straight away.
    • Posted

Thanks I did I went to out of hours I got 500 amoxicillian three times a day told ig it doesn't clear to go to doctors again I've started the amox tonight my anxiety isn't helping I feel normal then all a sidden its like I've ran a marathon got a chesty cough now too so hopefully it will all clear up soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.