Wheezing, mucus and coughing

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello!

2 years ago i have catched a cold. I didn't treat it very well because after i got better, i had just only one symptom that remained, a cough. The cough persisted for 2 months or so. After several months, i catched again a very strong cold and the cough was back, much more tougher this time. Again, the symptoms went away, but the cough remained, but this time, it remained for a long time. It's been a year and a few months since the cough has begun, and it didn't go away. 

My symptoms are the following: Feeling of mucus in throat and chest, coughin (sometimes it sounds like a dog that has a flu), the cough is sometimes productive and sometimes not, wheezing when i'm exhaling deeply, and sometimes, after i exhale deeply, when i inhale i feel a pain in my chest.

If anyone knows what could it be, please help me! If you need more information, just ask.

Thank you very much!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sounds very clearly to be bronchitis is my guess. See your doctor you problem need antibiotics to get rid of the infection. It can get worse and develop into pneumonia.

BE SAFE and don't put your health at risk . A cough lasting that long is not just a cold. 

Take care .

Peace & Healing

• Posted

Thank you very much for answering me!

I have just one question, is there a chance for this infection to be caused by a a virus and not by a bacteria? Because i know that antibiotics could kill only infections caused by a bacteria, but not for those caused by viruses. 

Best regards!

• Posted

Could very well be as you suggest. Nine days later how are you feeling?
    • Posted

I think I should see a doctor soon. It's not that i cant stand to these sympoms, because they aren't very harsh, it is just the feeling of mucus in my neck and chest, the wheezing and the occasional coughing. Do you think that there's any chance for me to stop the mucus from regenerating that much? 

Best regards!

• Posted

Hi, 

I have the exact same thing, about a year ago I went camping and it was really cold and became very sick and since then I have had the exact cough as you have described. I have taken various X-rays and antibiotics which have proven to be fruitless. How are you feeling on your side?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.