When and how do you know?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just curious as to when and how long it took to find out if you had lymes? August 3rd I got bit by something, ended up getting a red hot swollen rash. Urgent care gave me doxycycline for 7 days but it only took it for 5.. (never told me what I was bit by btw) August 6th I started getting shakey, tingly hands, awful headaches every single day, elbow joint pain, arm pain, extreme fatigue, depression. Doctors just say I’m depressed but I am now starting to think the Bite had something to do with how I feel. I pretty much match most symptoms. Let me know, thanks!

-c 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I spent a lot of time outside and had been bitten by several ticks. I supposedly was tested for Lyme and told I did not have it. Eventually I was sent to a neurosurgeon for fluid on the brain. After some tests he said I did not have fluid on the brain but Lyme. I had it for over a year before it was diagnosed. I was given antibiotics and told I was cured. But I still have a lot of problems which I believe some are a result of Lyme. If you have Lyme, I hope you will be thoroughly treated and have no lingering problems.
  • Posted

Find a LLMD and get on antibiotics right now. In the US this should be easy. It is very frustrating to read stories like this in early lyme that still have a chance of good recovery with the right treatment. 5 days antibiotics  would rarely work. It’s important to just go and find a doctor who understands Lyme. Don’t wait around for this to get worse. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.