When are you post menopause on HRT

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm on a HRT which gives me periods. How will I know if I've reached menopause?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My doctor told me when you are on hormones the only way you can tell you are in menopause is either if you stop having periods on HRT or you go off HRT and aren't having periods for a full year.

• Posted

This is my biggest concern with hrt. I am 50 and without a period for going on 2 years. Feeling horrible for years now. Just wondering if hrt is even worth it? Sure would love to feel like my old self again, even if it is going to kill me. Feels like I'm dying anyway. 😢

• Posted

good info x medication for menopause is oestrogen only?? rather than combination meds of progesterone and oestrogen??

Could blood tests show if you have reached full

• Posted

Actually during menopause your doctor may prescribe either. My sister takes progesterone and is in menopause. As far as blood tests I've had many and the OBGYNs always say they aren't really accurate or reliable as your hormones fluctuate day to day, hour to hour. Sometimes my tests will say I have a while to go before menopause and I'm fertile and then other times they say no, I'm prob in peri. Tho if you are say, consistently low in progesterone like I am, that is real. But when I've asked about a blood test for menopause they say the only test is that you're not on hormones and have not gotten your period for at least a year.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.