When can i go back to normal?

Posted , 3 users are following.

In early December of 2021, i started to feel tired and weak. I also noticed a low mood and a little anxiety. As i got into late december, I was exhausted all day, not hungry, anxious and depressed (never had mental health issues before). As i got into early januray, symptoms slowly, and i mean slowly, started to fade. i went to the doctor and tested positive for EBV. over the next month and a half, I have improved to the point where I am not tired walking and going about my day. My anxiety is gone, but I am not fully right mentally and I dont know how to describe it. I started working out again (lightly) this past week and felt good at first, but now I have that weak feeling and tiredness (not as bad as when I was in the acute phase). This is just driving me nuts, because I feel like im getting better and then all of the sudden its like I took a step back. I just want to go back to my normal life. I had a mini break down tonight because I was so excited to get back to normal and then all of the sudden i just felt terrible the past tow days. I want this to end, I love working out and I feel scared to do it and just want to be back to normal. Im sorry for the rant at the end but im scared and hate how this has made me feel.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mike,

i also got sick in December. Similar to you horrible fatigue, high anxiety, brain fog were my main symptoms and I still have bad shortness of breath. did you have any other symptoms? i never had classic mono symptoms. like you, I slowly seemed to get better (fatigue is much better) but this past week some of my symptoms came back again. not as severe as before but i can understand the frustration when you think you are returning to normal and there is a setback. this virus seems to hold on until it wants to let go. I would take comfort in the fact that since you were feeling better it means your body is fighting this and eventually it WILL win.

• Posted

The only other symptoms i had were dry eyes (has been gone for about a month now) and a weak feeling in my legs and arms. All of my symptoms are going away well. It just gets scary, but mostly frustrating when they come back. i also had shortness of breath like you. This is almost completely gone except for a few really bad days if I have them. Thank you for the encouragement. I just want to get back to normal, and I know you do too. Best of luck in your recovery and God bless.

• Posted

mike, how are you doing these days? when you said positive for ebv did you mean they tested active virus in your blood or was it just positive for antibody?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.