When can I have sex ??

Posted , 3 users are following.

My first ob has seemed to have cleared as far as the eye can see. But I have an extreme amount of pain/pressure / heaviness in my vagina. Almost like when the baby drops befor you give birth .... I'm so afraid of having sex now .. been with my SO for 7 years... how do I know when it's good to go ? And will he have an out break ? sad 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Which type do you have? Is your partner definitely infected with the same type? Generally, however, you can have sex when everything has healed and gone, and you feel normal again.
    • Posted

Type 1. I've ONLY been with him for 7 years. Neither of us have EVER had a symptom atleast that we noticed .... his swab came back not detected for either ... he can't afford blood work so we are trying through health department ....

Is it possible he is not infected and maybe I have it from years and years ago ? Or is he deff infected since I am and we have had unprotected everything for 7 years ? Also I feel tons of pressure like when your pregnant and about to give birth when the baby comes down low . Will this go away sad  I'm so afraid I'll hav and constant outbreaks sad still don't even know weather to accuse him of cheating this all hurts me deeply 

• Posted

He may have it, he may not. A swab was never going to be positive for him unless he had an outbreak at the time or you know which location to swab when he's heavily shedding. He needs the IgG antibody test for herpes instead. But HSV1 is super common, especially orally, so it doesn't mean anything even if he has it. Many people get it in childhood. gHSV1 is acquired via oral sex, so you likely got it that way from him, or you've had it there for a while and pregnancy simply brought it out. That can happen. gHSV1 rarely recurs and isn't very infectious, so count your blessings that you got the lesser one of the two. It's really not that bad besides the first outbreak.

• Posted

Thank you for responding first of all and forgive me if my message doesn't seem to clear I am driving home so I am using my speaker button to text out my message so say he had it and gave it to me genitally was it possible that all these years that he has gone down down there it has never spread to me  like is it possible that I have been sexually active in every way possible with him for this many years and I am just now having an outbreak .  I had a miscarriage in June which put me in a very bad depression and cause me to lose my job and on top of that we got behind on bills our car damn near fell apart and we didn't have the money to fix it on top of the stress from not being able to give my daughter a good birthday because of not working basically since June I literally have not stop stressing so my doctor told me the extreme amount of life crisis is that I was  going through could have brought out my own break I'm just curious as to whether or not I was recently infected or had this for a long time for a long time ,... he has never had any signs but he's literally the only one I've been with in seven years and I've never saw an issue in myself I had shaved and two days later he was eating me out and we had a really great rough sex about three times in the same night the next day I woke up feeling sore but I thought it was just from going so hard but then came the itching and slowly all the other symptoms started to appear ...  I did have blood work done then I waiting on to come back the doctor said they will be able to tell me whether or not I was recently infected or if it's an older virus but they said if it shows that it was a recent faction and then more than likely he cheated on me is literally what my doctor told me sorry for so much but I just have so many questions and concerns I never in my life would have thought that I would end up with this ... i'm so afraid that with the amount of stress that I'm always under I will have constant outbreaks also literally our entire seven-year relationship we have never went more than a day or two without having sex besides when we had the kids and we didn't even wait before 4 to 6 weeks ,  so that is also putting a damage on our relationship right now I know he needs it but I have been giving him blowjobs to take care of him but I am a very sexual person and I am getting very frustrated and depressed not getting any from my man I'm not sure whether not I should give it a few more days or if I'm good to go everything is cleared up down there but I still feel I may have lingering symptoms such as pelvic pressure and pain  and some dough eggs in my legs and back in a little bit of itching here and there on my butt cheek  Lol please respond to me as promptly as you can and thank you so much for being here to talk with me through this

• Posted

Most people with gHSV2 barely get an outbreak again, maybe once a year if that. Recurrences are usually waaay milder as well, plus quicker to heal. Stress is only a possible trigger if the stress is especially severe and prolonged. Pregnancy causes physical stress on the body, so many women experience their first outbreak then, despite potentially carrying it for years. In any case, I wouldn't worry about your prognosis at all.

The only way to tell if your infection was recently acquired or not is to do the IgG blood test at the same time as, or within a month of, the first outbreak, together with a swab to confirm that the first outbreak was indeed due to herpes. After a month, there is no real way to tell, unfortunately. Small window of opportunity only.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.