When can I push a pushchair?

Posted , 6 users are following.

As the tittle says when can I push a pushchair with my two year old in and Hoover?

Thank you

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

About 10-12 weeks because you are using pelvic muscles when you push and there's the added weight of a 2 year old. You have had major surgery and one minor (hysterectomy) so don't undo all that good work your consultant did.

• Posted

So what's the advice with work I e been told 8 weeks but now think I should be longer I work in retail food so fast paced on feet for 8 hours?

• Posted

If you are on your feet for so long I think 8 weeks is too early. It's the standing for long periods that can cause problems. If you are able to try and leave work until 10 weeks at the very earliest and then if possible go back on a phased return. Having this amount of surgery and returning to 8 hours on your feet will leave you exhausted. You may feel ok when you're at home but it won't be like that at work. I remember a gynaecologist saying to me after I'd had a hysterectomy and oopherectomy when I asked about work, he said only when you've done your housework and all the other household chores like cooking dinner etc and still have a bit left at the end of the day. I knew what he meant, only when I wasn't physically and mentally exhausted and desperate for my bed.

• Posted

Thanks for the advice

I'm exhausted just having a shower

So will be a long time for that

• Posted

I know exactly what you mean Miss30. This surgery absolutely exhausts you but as I always say it's Mother Natures way of making you rest more. Take care.

• Posted

My reply has gone for moderation although I don't know why! I only said this surgery really does leave you feeling exhausted. Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.