When can I start re-introducing carbs back into my diet?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

For the past week I've been struggling with threadworms. I've taken 1 dose of ovex. I'm on the 4th day of a no-sugar diet (basically Atkins minus the dairy). Eating lots of raw garlic and pumpkin seeds. First couple of days the wriggles would last from 5pm - 11pm.

The wriggles have improved dramatically over the 4 days. Felt none yesterday evening but I felt some in the early hours this morning.

Has anyone else tried this method of dealing with these worms? If so, when did you start introducing carbs back into your diet? I have my university exams starting next week and it's really hard to study without carbs 😦

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Start eating them now. Are you doing this diet to lose weight or to treat the worms? The Ovex should be sufficient ,but you may need to take a further dose in 2 weeks if the worms havent cleared. Everyone in your household should be treated as well for a good result. Dont forget to wash all underclothes ,sheets and towels at 60 degrees at the lowest to get rid of the eggs. Wash you hands as much as possible so you dont reinfect yourself.

• Edited

Thank you for your reply.

I've cut carbs to treat the worms. I know the Ovex stops them from absorbing glucose but I just want to make sure I kill all of them. Everyone in the household has been given Ovex and have been following the hygiene recommendations.

• Posted

Update:

I added some cloves into my dinner last night because apparently they are supposed to break up the eggs. First night where I've not had any wriggling!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.