when did it start

Posted , 10 users are following.

can u guys remember when your fibro started

be intersting to see if the theroy that its linked to illness or trauma.

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Tina

I was diagnosed with FM in march last year after damaging my right shoulder in 2011.   I ended up with a bursitus and still going back and fore to doc months later still in pain he then told me it was FM I had. I have Hypothyroidsm also so im not 100% convinced it started when I hurt my shoulder.  Think beinghypo has something to do with it! 

• Posted

fibro is diognoised by having so many of sensitive points . so if your not sure look it up on the net . put a search in google , something like the sensistive points of fibromialgia ,

look for a site that has a diagrame of a body with all the sensistive points marked, if u have most then you have fibromialgia. you can have several things before.  a prior condition ,accident, virus ,then go on to devlope it.

i have even heard that a bee sting can trigger it. fibro means muscles, mialgia means pain ,the term fisrst used to explain .unexplaind muscle  pain & spasms  in soldiers of the first war. keep plugging on thats all we can do.

• Posted

hi there,

when i think back my problems started about 10 years ago with lower back pain which i assumed was as a result of an accidednt at work (senior care assistant).  i then struggled on for a number of years then i had an accident on holiday where i had a nasty fall after slipping on food left on resterant floor (dont ask holiday from hell). this was about 4 years ago and the pain increase happened and spread and that is where i am at still not given diagnosis yet seeing rheumatologist next month hope to get answers then.

kind regards

janet

• Posted

sounds like me a string of events leading to a painful conclusion its interesting , that this condition seems to be linked to taruma  either emotional or physical . its like our pain and emotional sensors just keep sending out signals after we have physicaly healed.
  • Posted

mine was from injury over 20 years ago. I fell down a hole damaging my spine and pelvis as i landed on a corner of a grid half way down, at speed, twisting my coccyx, damaging my pelvis and my spine seemed to shift. First thing i did was put my hand to the back of my neck as I expected to feel  a bone sticking out! Not nice a all and suffered ever since. British bloody gas! They were a fault but my claim went nowhere as I had a crap solicitor, only cos it was right next o car park and. Couldnt walk any further! 
  • Posted

Hi Tina..My fibro started straight after my mum died. My husband and I looked after her in our home as she developed dementia. She was not too bad and she was very happy in the little extension my husband built for her as she had her own space but we were still on hand to nurse her. After two years of coping I had to ask social services for something to help me lift her into bed , on toilet etc. They ordered it for me and said it would take about 4-5 days to come. In the meantime they said she had to go into a home till I had the equipment. My mum didn't understand this with her dementia and she thought she was in the home for good. She was very upset and I refused to let her go but unfortunately my feelings were ignored and they did it anyway. She went in on the friday night and I never seen her again...she died that night. I was very bitter and upset bujt didn't even get an apology from them. My fibro started that month. I definately know the trauma caused it. Kind regards and take care. Lin x
    • Posted

oh sweetie how awful ,that feeling that it was your fault that there was something you could have done ,even thou you know it wasnt , crippled you, emotionly and physicaly . PLEASE dont blame yourself as i am sure everyones told you , it wasnt your fault , you didi your best and far more then alot of people ,  try doing a self help hypnois cd in the morning and in the evening helps you to destress and relax it helps ,
  • Posted

Mine started after taking the powerful drug roaccutane.I was only on it for 3 months but could hardly move after a month I did read lots of things advising people not to use it
    • Posted

i know but you think the doc knows best , so give it a try only to wish that you hadnt . iv never heard of it what is it used for.

iv heard some right horror stories from people being given the wrong drug. a friend of mine was given the wrong drug in hospital and she is now very poorly.

• Posted

Hi I had adult acne and just wouldn't clear they do tell you about all the side effects and you even have to sign a disclaimer but it was so bad didn't know to do
    • Posted

i looked it up it seems a little firece to control acne ,not that i am doing you down , iv never had it bad so i wouldnt know what it is like to live with.  did it clear up by the way.
  • Posted

I was diagnosed in 2006/7 after years of pain  back pain problems going back to late 80s, early 90s, then i had a fibroid which took 6 years to diagnose, which led to my hysterectomy in 2001 expecting to become a 'New Woman' have never been well since, also was diagnosed with myelodysplasia at the same time, and few years ago hypothyroidism. oh nearly forgot, and now have different types of arthritis and hypertension. I found alot of fibro sufferers seem to have a number of other ailments as well. I also wonder if it is in the genes as i have cousins you have had it diagnosed.
    • Posted

yes other conditions can run side by side with this condition, but also this condition has many symptoms that can mimike other conditions so becareful that you are properly diognosed. this does happen alot.

my nan had rhemotoid athritus most of her life ,my eldest daughter devoloped rhemotoid athritus when she was 27 , i devoloped fibro at 40 after astring of events.i have suspicion that my middle daughter is suffering with something simuliar, as she gets a lot of pain in her legs and feet. but doctors says that R/A AND FIBRO ARE NOT INHERATED  .but like you i am convinced it is.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.