when do I opt for fistula surgery?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi,

I have recently been to a proctologist who did tests (physical examination using some kind of device in his office) and said I have a fistula and needs surgery. Doctor believes my fistula can be superficial. I never had any symptoms of fistula as bleeding or chills or fever. Also, I think the fistula might have been created by my excessive use of preparation-h ointment.

Do you recommend to go through the surgery or wait until it becomes a problem? (This is the first time I have experienced it and currently, I am doing ok)

After surgery, what will be the pain level on a scale of 1 to 10? How long do I have to miss work? Do I need to dress the wound every day?

Any recommendations on good surgeons in Maryland, Gaithersburg/Germantown/Rockville area?

Thank you for your help.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.