When do the munchies come?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Im on Mirtazapine for 3 reasons, Im deppresed, havnt slept in forever and Im really underweight. When did the extreme hunger kick in for you? How long did it take until you started feeling better? And sleeping better?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

i didnt feel beta on thid drug ov course its different for everyone but my experience on this drug was horendous i will nev take it again
    • Posted

v anxios cryin cudnt keep still felt suicidal on it came of even worse like a zomby bad headache still withdrawing i do no people that av bin helped by this drug i wish u well
  • Posted

Idk when the munchies come. I've been waiting for them too.I was put in it for sleep, anxiety and to increase my appetite. Wasn't scared at all when I read all the feedback of people saying they put on 2/3 stone. I was like bring it on.

4 week into it and I can still only manage 1 small meal a day.

Im having better days where I don't feel so desperate and bad days still but no great days yet. It's early days I guess.

Im going to try and stick with it though because at least I can sleep now xxx

How long have you been taking it llie?xx

• Posted

Thanks for your reply, I as you said I guess It's still early days. I do think its helped with my anxiaty and depression a little. Feels as if my head is a little clearer and less bad thoughts.

Hope it goes well for you keep us updated!

smile

• Posted

Yes if I'm honest my anxiety isn't so bad now and the thoughts are there but don't bother me as much....

My mind wants a big fat bacon sandwich but my tummy doesn't lol xx

• Posted

hi I only found out 2 wks ago that it can be used for anorexics to stimulate hunger, been on for y5 yrs and put 7 stone on , thought it was sitting about doing nothing the only thing this drug has helped is sleep , hoping to try something else, I was too sedated in day also id prefer sleeping tabs and a diff antideptressent but as a recovering addict its unlikely , I hope u feel better soon they can take 3 4 wks to work xx
    • Posted

I totally understand Lisa. I'm saying now that I don't mind the weight gain because obviously at first you just want to be mentally well so you would sacrifice anything.

If I get well,then the weight thing would probably be a issue for me. I could do with a bit if weight at the moment but it's not happening yet. Will just have to wait and see. I'm finding the drowsiness isn't effecting me for as long in the morning...I was drowsy until late afternoon at first. Now it takes me about a hour to come round xxx

• Posted

thats good maybe u r just on wtong dose , I nevèrworried about weight my aim was to get clean which I am now , so I joined a gym I can only do 30 mins slowly on tread mill but its a start , trust me wen u find the right dose or med there is hope , god bless
    • Posted

Congratulations on getting clean. I bet that was a struggle too.

you have done amazing. Keep moving forward Hun xx

• Posted

thanks it is a struggle but il get by , hope u better soon good luck xxx
  • Posted

Oh they come on in weeks. I've put on 4 stone in 2 years. Within 30 minutes of taking it I can't stop eating.  I take my tablet at 10pm and I eat and eat until I pass out. I think though that for those just startin it and get drowsy,  you are asleep before the munchies kick in. But once you build up a tolerance to the drowsiness, you then are awake to eat. I don't eat or feel hungrateful during the day, it's just at night after taking the tablet. 

Mirtazapine has helped me, though in January I will come off it because of the weight gain. Im 14 and a half stone now 😩though note I am also on another antidepressant and a mood stabiliser so it could all be combined weight gain. 

• Posted

I'm on promazine twice a day too and that's supposed to increase my appetite too but hasn't. I've no doubt that it will though because everybody who takes it has said so. 

I'm not drowsy after taking it but I do sleep when I'm ready.

I've been listening to audios on YouTube that are for relaxation and I don't think I've managed to stay awake to the end yet. 

I just hope this works for me because I honestly don't want to start again on another AD. 

Yesterday I would of told you it was working because I had a ok day. Today I feel horrendous so I'm reserving my judgement for now xxx

• Posted

I'm on promethazine too. I didn't know it helped you gain wait. Argue.  Another one to add to why I've gained so much weight.

I know the feeling of worrying you won the find an antidepressant that will work. You will get stable. It is dis heartening when you have one good day then you feel bad again. Give it time. It took me a few months to fully stabilise. 2 years on and I fou

• Posted

Found the right combination and my life has turned around. 2 and a half years ago I wanted to die and my anxiety and depression was so awful I never thought it would end. But it has and although I get the odd not great day. Life is good smile I know it's hard but be patient and don't give up.
    • Posted

Thank you stardust. I know it's gonna take time. It just helps to come here and here peoples who have come out the other side.xx.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.