When do you take yours ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, Ive just started on Ramipril and so far apart from some lightheadedness I dont feel to bad.

My GP and Pharmacist both mentioned it may be best to start off by taking the tablet before I go to bed to help alleviate any nauseous I may feel.

I was wondering if anyone else takes them at night and is there any problem with keep taking them at night instead of the morning ?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

OK now on day 2 and I feel fine, the light headedness has gone but I have a slight dry mouth but thats about it, my right arm and sholder were aching this morning but I then remembered that I took my son Bowling yesterday :lol:
  • Posted

Hi Andy

I am another newbie - on day 4 now and my gp also advised me to take them in the evening to combat the drop in blood pressure I think was the reason - so far don't think any problems although am knackered tired with aching legs, and headache this evening. Good luck Jean

• Posted

I have been on ramipril for several years now and was recently increased to 10mg per day from 5mg. I have always tried to take my pill some time during the morning after I have eaten. I have never suffered side effects (not that I am aware of) and have always felt that taking them in the ev was less effective because I thought my BP would fall during sleep. I have no evidence or knowledge to back this up though.
  • Posted

Hi I have been on ramipril for about 4 months now, I started taking one at night, but then the dose was increased so I take one at night and one in the morning. However my new prescription is just the one tablet so I think I will swop to the morning, as blood pressure usually increases during the day. Just a few pains in the legs so far but it might not be the tablets.
  • Posted

Hi, I have been on 2.5mg for over a year now,, NO side effects as such, although I do have tinnitus, gp siad it is not the drug, came on following a heavy cold.. I take my pill at night before going to sleep, BP well controlled at 110-70 I also run 3 to 4 times a week (4 miles) with no problems..

Came of it one weekend when I ran out and BP went up, went down straight away when started again..

Good luck every one... may be we should start a club...!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.