When does it all end!

Posted , 6 users are following.

well today makes the 6th surgery on my right knee!! scar tissue has been the cause for so many surgeries!! All within a 3 yr time period! So now my leg is completely dead,although I would prefer it stayed this way until my therapy ends in 3 months! Has anyone else had this issues this many times? Any advice? Has anyone had to drain thier knee?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Edited

Yes, I'm sorry to say. I went in for a meniscus tear, that was surgery number one. Dr decided I needed a partial which was the wrong size so it caused severe arthritis and scar tissue. surgery number 3. That didn't work so I had a full replacement. Now ,a year and a half later I am still having trouble walking

Dr is doing a bone scan to see if glue has come loose. No infection detected but the swelling and pain is significant. Very frustrating. I am not sure what is next. The only thing I have figured out is to keep positive and do my best and pray. Praying helps for sure because it gets depressing sometimes for sure. Not sure what it means to drain the knee. Would like to know how you make out. Best wishes for better results.

• Posted

hi , yes i'm in the same boat in that to date over the last 4 years my left leg has been operated on 6 times and my right once.

firstly i tore my meniscus, then they had to remove some loose cartiledge, then i had a bilateral high tibial osteotomy done on both, then the metal work removed followed by a further scope and then a knee replacement.

The osteotomy done on both legs at the same time completely damaged my legs as i was left having to walk on 2 broken legs with only crutches. To this date my left shin is extremely swollen out and painful.

My right leg still needs to have the metal work removed and the bone allowed to heal before the next knee replacement; as it stands i also have very painful nerve pains along the outer side of my right foot thought to be caused from the ostotomy.

I just wanted to say your not alone, be patient with your healing. I dont know what draining the knee means for you but i'd say go with your gut feeling as to what next and my best wishes to you.

• Posted

I have had ONE surgery for scar tissue, since my TKR Jan, 2018,Having a revision done in April. DOctors don't seem to know WHY some ppl form scar tissue worse than others. Im afraid, that after my revision, I will have the same problem with scar tissue..... Lord help us........

• Posted

Martha ...pm me ...i would be happy to chat with you about my revision.

JEAN

• Posted

well, I've pm'd a couple of ladies on here and now I can't remember how we did it. We are actually friends on facebook now. They both live in the UK. Im in the states..... want to meet up on facebook? Im on as MarthaBraddyLaws.

• Posted

Hi Martha,

i just sent you wave and message through your facebook page. I am located in Canada.

• Edited

Martha...good luck with your revision. i am very pleased with mine.

• Posted

I am encouraged to hear there are successful revisions. All I hear is they aren't good!

• Edited

thank you so very much. I would love to chat with you about your revision..... can we PM each other?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.