when does orlistat work?

Posted , 5 users are following.

im not sure if its working or not? its my first day on them but iv had a packet of crisp and a chocolate bar but havnt had to go to toilet or anything?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Zoe,

Firstly why are you eating crisps and a chocolate bar when trying to loose weight??

You need to follow a very low fat diet otherwise when the tablets kick in (about a week or 2) you will suffer!!

It's not worth it.

I have lost just over 2 stone since on orlistat and as long as I am putting that pill in my mouth

I will not eat any more than 5g of fat. I am terrified of the dreaded side effects!! 💩💩

You do also need to exercise or your weight loss will slow down or stop (as I have found out!!)

Good luck xx

• Posted

hello thanks for advice, dont the tablets kick in straight away? i felt guilty after eating them sad how long have you been on them for? x
  • Posted

No it takes a good week or 2 to really kick in, you may not notice any weight loss until about 2 weeks in 😩

But it is worth sticking with it.

I have been taking them for about 4 months now, doing well lost just over 2 stone and feeling loads better, but I have reached a

Plato and now I am really struggling to loose any more 😫😫.

Just started exercising more so hope that will help x

• Posted

how come i havnt had to go to the toilet yet? do you think theyre working? wow youve done great loosing 2 stone in 4 months! wish it was that easy for me x
  • Posted

Thank you, if you are good they really do work.

But they do take a week or 2 to start working, your bowels will be normal until they kick in, that's when you

have to be careful about what you eat but if you are good from day one then you shouldn't have any side

effects, I haven't really, just a few tummy cramps but nothing bad, even over Xmas!!

• Posted

Agree with Previous poster why would you be eating junk when your trying to lose weight? the side effects kick in 24-28 hours after eating the wrong food depending on how quick your food will go through. You say you wish it was easy for you well you have started day one by eating junk. The tablets will work if you eat the right food. You need to be in the right mindset to lose weight if your serious you will do it good luck
  • Posted

I have been following weight watchers while been on orlistat and have lost 3stone in 10 weeks, the dr has also given me gym on prescription do I work out 5 days a week, I have not had any accidents as I have kept a very low fat diet, hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.