When does the feeling come back

Posted , 3 users are following.

It's been two weeks since my surgery and I have been up on it nearly the whole time after about 2 or 3 days my doctor says I'm not supposed to be but he knows I'm not going to listen to him so he should just try to stay off as much as possible but I still haven't been feeling all the way in my legs you know it's got a partial feeling but I don't feel everything all the way and I'm wondering if that is normal

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Okay I'm redoing this because my message didn't come out quite right I'm wondering how long it takes for the feeling to come totally back in your Foot & Leg because I had my surgery two weeks ago and I have a partial feeling but not fully feeling I guess that can be a good thing but I'm just curious if this is normal and my doctor has told me to stay off my foot but I've been up on it nearly the whole time after about the third day I'm not really good at sitting around and I'm not real good at listening .My doctor said he knows that I'm not going to listen but to try and stay off of it as much as possible but I don't sleep with my boot on and he said that's fine so I'm just wondering when does the feeling totally come back. I don't really have anyone to really depend on how much two white on me and stuff and I'm not a very patient person so it's really hard to wait for somebody to do something for me

• Posted

Dear Stephanie

I know what you mean about being impatient and just wanting to get on! You have not told us what surgery you had on your ankle but if nerves were cut then it can take weeks or even months for normal feeling to return.

Cheers Richard

• Posted

Hi Stephanie, I had a couple of plates and a lot of screws put in my ankle on New Years Eve, I recall I had a loss of feeling and sensation in my foot and lower leg for a few weeks and still get a cold/hot foot as well as pins and needles on occasion.

You may also get a red lower leg and foot as well.

We all wish we were not in this club and want to resume normality as quickly as possible but my advice is to listen to your doctor and follow their advice as you surely don’t want to do any more damage and start again!

I am now able to FWB however, my struggle is losing these crutches which I am struggling with 

Good luck too 

• Posted

Thank you for your input I want me to tell you about the crutches you should get you a get along it makes it a whole lot easier than crutches you rest your knee up on it and you push it and it helps a lot it's kind of hard to steer if you don't get the one that stares really found one that was cheap on Craigslist for like $75 and it helps a lot it's a lot better than crutches I have walked a couple of times without the boot but it made me really sore when I did so I'm not doing that again but would the boot I don't have a problem with it but I had fallen when I was walking out of the room I turned and fell on a DVD and my leg for my ankle broke in two spots they thought it was two bones but no it was one bound and two spots so they put it back together and that was 2 weeks ago today

• Posted

Oops it was one bone the fibula broke twice

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.