When I drink even a small amount of milk or take even a small amount of Vitamin D I feel very ill. Does anyone know what this health issue is?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Drinking a small amount of milk or taking a small amount of vitamin D makes me feel very thirsty with a dry mouth, I urinate often and large amounts, feel dizzy with a fast pulse, headache,nausea, incredible weakness and I become very anxious, tingly, flushed and warm and I get very confused. It is extremely debilitating.

I am hypothyroid and I take 50 micrograms of thyroxine daily but my symptoms don't feel like hypothyroidism and my blood reading is euthyroid. (I had a subtotal thyroidectomy many years ago and I had a thyroid nodule removed some years later).. Does anyone know what these symptoms mean?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Kira,

I don't know if your thyroid could be causing your symptoms or not, but if you have excessive thirst and urinate often you could have have high blood sugar. I strongly recommend that you visit your physician very soon.

• Posted

Hi nancy19455, thanks for your suggestion. My blood sugar tests are perfect. I have just learnt that all the symptoms can be signs of Vit D and calcium side effects and/or overdose( and can be dangerous).

I do have hypothyroidism and take 50 mcgs of thyroxine daily but feel way below par-exhausted, weakness, tingling in face/hands and feet, muscle cramps, tightness in throat, slight weight gain,anxiety, memory problems,dry skin, brittle hair, thickening toenails, heart effects. I think my medication needs reviewing though my TSH is within normalrange (just below the upper limit).

• Posted

Good Luck Kira! I hope you can find out what is causing your symptoms soon and can find out how to feel better. I'm still weak from my Parathyroid surgery that was done on 11/19/13, but doing better, I guess it takes time to get back to normal.

Good Luck

• Posted

Thanks nancy19455. Get well and take it easy. It took me 18 months after thyroid surgery to even begin to feel well.

Bye

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.