When I get 1 symptom more come along with it?( bit like a bus)!!!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Morning all, I was only on here a few days ago hey and I'm back again..........

so I'm Still getting the very loud whooshing noise still in my ears!

now I'm getting NO sleep, I usually get 8-9 hours sleep and I have never had any problems.....

so like for 4 nights I haven't had much but crap night I go off ok but then wake GET Restless legs and start tossing and turning????? Why?

im on nothing new?

i have been a real horrid moody cow with my family which is expected I guess I'm having no sleep!!!?

does anyone experience this if so what helps?.

im at work today so should have fun with the customers prolly get fired .. Lol

any advice ...feedback would be lovely .xx

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shelley...i had a stage where I literally lay awake until about 4am for 4 nights running. I wasnt stressed....just felt wide awake!

My only side effect next day was gritty eyes. I couldnt believe i could go so long without sleep...then it stopped and comes back occasionally. I would try and go to bed same time and have a warm shower and dim the lights and put on lavender oil....that seemed to help a lot... everyday seems to bring a new symptom. I didnt have whooshing but did have one ear sort of block then muffle for a bit then stop. I have had dizzy spells....indigestion. ..constipation...burning tongue....heavy periods...light periods...aching muscles...fatigue...anxiety...flat mood...lol....it seems i have everything on the peri list at some stage. Reading this forum helps....i am trying other womens advice on what worked for them. Good luck...you arent alone in this

• Posted

I've been having the muffled ear thing too. Feels like when you're on an airplane and your ears get stuffy. I also have been having a lot of heartburn and indigestion along with constipation. Ugh, does it ever end?!
    • Posted

I know! It feels neverending. Looking back I think I have been having symptoms for years but just turned 48...49 this october and boy it has ramped up the last 6 months. Worst symptom is anxiety and depression that comes and goes...i never know how I will feel day to day. My mum had years of this sad

My older sister reckons hers just stopped and had no real issues. She never gave birth (they adopted) so I wonder if that has an effect? I, on the other hand had 3 pregnancies plus two miscarriages. Each pregnancy that went full term...i had horrific morning sickness for months with each of them. I was postnatal with my youngest. My younger sister was born with no thyroid so has been on medication since birth so wonder whether this will help her in meno or make it worse. It is a pretty revolting time of life lol...i would rather have the morning sickness!!

• Posted

I have an older sister who has always had easy menstrual cycles and now she is also in peri. She hasn't seen a period since last June so she is well on her way to being out of this but even her menopause symptoms are easy. I have always had terrible periods! Now my peri is terrible. I have two kids and both deliveries were problematic. I also had to have one of my ovaries removed years prior to having kids. So I guess that's why my peri symptoms are so grave. I have another sister who had bad periods and bad pregnancies and her peri is bad too. The other sister who had it easy had easy pregnancies. So I guess there is a connection. Bad periods/pregnancy, bad meno. Easy periods/pregnancy, easy meno.
    • Posted

I had easy pregnancy and births easy periods even the last year before they stopped maybe a day less and much lighter.

I had morning sickness with my youngest and a bit of depression for a year after.

Meno has been the pits.

The baby depression was a walk in the park compared to peri.

My sister seems fine she's 3 years younger, my mother and her mum and sister all fine?

I don't know who I take after.

I think I've eaten healthier than my mum and sister throughout my life. Less inclined for take away or ready meals definitely got more exercise, did aerobics when I was younger and was the fittest I've ever been when peri started.

The only difference I can say is that the women in my family were a lot bigger than me. My mum and sister quite heavy even though shorter than I am.

Up until late peri when I began to put on a bit of weight I was always a 10 and even now at two stone heavier I am still considerably lighter than my mum would have been at my age and also my sister.

• Posted

Yes I guess everyone is different. I'm sure there many women who had easy periods/pregnancies and are suffering through menopause. We'll get through this and have a story to tell our daughters/granddaughters.
  • Posted

I get the ringing whooshing sound. Awful at night,it makes you feel like your in a weird dream. I go off to sleep and bang about 2 hours later I wake up with restless body and a nervy feeling . I haven't found anything yet 😕
  • Posted

I have the whooshing in my ears at night when my iron level is low, along with restless legs and wakefulness from 4am. I'm still having regular periods at 57, heavy which causes the anaemia.
  • Posted

Hi Shelly

Its interesting to read about RLS and women being affected with this too. This horrible sensation really does stop you from sleeping, i am woken up three four times a night with this, along with hot flushes. I have said before and will say again Menopace is helping . its so bd being tired and have work as well. Just kee[ reading researching and trying different things to get some comfort that is what i am doing as i have no intention of curling up and putting up with this, not with a ten-year-old and a full tme degree on the go .x

• Posted

I have had the whooshing sound for many months. It is worse in my right ear. Also having sinus like headaches, sore neck and back, clogged ears and head, dizziness, chest pains, digestive issues, weakness, fatigue, nausea, ....you name it, I've got it! Just trying to go day by day. Seems like I'll feel better for a day or two, then not feel well for 3 or 4 days. I'm looking forward to the good days outweighing the bad!
    • Posted

sounds like a familliar experience debbie - one step forward and three steps back overall....some other ladies mentioned this too...i think elaine - moments when you think you can cope but then the worst of it  comes back with a vengeance.

i get a sound of an old train engine screeching to a halt in my ear at times !!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.