When i look at side of my vision, i can see shadowed circles

Posted , 3 users are following.

When i look at right side of my eyes i can see something like deformed circle, its not really big and it sticks to right side of view, when i look on left side, more upper, i can see a very transparent bigger circle that goes bigger the more i look on the side, i went to ophthalmologist but i think he only tested eye nerve, and not the retina, is it possible that i have detached retina? im 15 years old

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

i forgot to mention, its in both eyes, i had this for about 2 weeks
  • Posted

doctor said its probably just the hormonal change or something
  • Posted

I have had a detached retina recently and this started when I quite suddenly saw a brown floater at the side of my right eye. I thought it was contact lens problem as I was wearing them at the time. I went to my GP who said who suspected a detached retina and to go to A&E who saw me quickly. You may be a bit young for this ay 15.I am 54 years old and the consultant said I was over 50 and short sighted which could be the likely cause as I had not had any trauma such as playng certain sports like football or boxing or had a fall or similar. I found that over a few days I could see less and less and had surgery to reattach my retina which was succesful. I'm not saying you have a deatched retina but maybe going to your local A&E and seeing the eye consultaant might solve the mystery. I saw a consultant within 2 hours of arriving A&E, Good luck 

• Posted

I've had this for about 2weeks so im guessing detached retinas symtoms act quickly, This is very annoying, but my vision is staying perfectly good, thank you for your reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.