When I turn my eye, the whites of my eyes dont seem to slide under my eye lid

Posted , 4 users are following.

So a couple of days ago I woke up with 

1. swollen eye lids (upper)

2. Red eyes

I took some allergy medicine and waited a day.  Nothing really changes so I went to the doctor and they perscribed two antibiotic drops.  I've been taken them for a few days.  There might be a small improvement after a day or two.  

What I noticed this morning and why I am posting here is that when i turn my eye towards my nose it appears as if the whites of my eye are bulging up and not going under my socket etc.  It looks almost as if they are wrinkleing up and not moving around.  Does anyone know what this might be/ if it is serious?  It's saturday so there are not eye doctors really open.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

just have no idea what that could be. But if you live in the UK you will normally have a local optician who can triage your eyes and tell you if there is anything problematic. If there is they will send you to eye casualty. If in doubt with eyes best to be checked. 
  • Posted

If that happened for the first time, wait until inflammation subsides. I think it is not a serious problem.
  • Posted

I'm pretty sure my tear ducts are swollen or inflamed as well wonder if that could be causing the problem I called eye doctor and they said to schedule an appointment on Monday

• Posted

Well that sounds like a plan. I would do that and try to relax over the weekend. If he thought it was anything serious he would have told you to go to eye causualty. 
  • Posted

It is indeed a great worry for a person to go through such a problem. I am sure it would be managable. It is good that you will be going to the Doc in one of these days.

Wishing you the best

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.