When I urinate and/or ejaculate there is some type of restriction

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am a 56-year-old man and this has been slowly happening to me for the past two years.   When I urinate It  feels like at the head of my penis there is a restriction slowing down or stopping my urination to just a dribble  . at the same time it feels like a electrified and over sensitive   uncomfortable  feeling . In the last year I’ve had similar problems when I  have sex and  ejaculate . It feels like when I do come it reaches all the way to the head of my penis then stops and just dribbles out.  In both situations just at the start of any body fluids to be released they both stop or slow down to dribble out.

Thank you Robert 

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

  • Posted

    You should see a doc
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted


    Sounds like you may have BPH.  In any event, so be examined by a good urologist.  Do not rush into surgery for BPH, assuming that's your problem.  Ask about using a Clean Intermittent Catheter (CIC), learn to do the CIC procedure,and keep some of those single use cathethers on hand, just in case you get into actute retention.  Otherwise, you may end up in the ER screaming in agony from acute retention at some inconvenient hour. 

    There are some experts on CIC on this board.  Do a search on CIC in the forum on this board, as there are lots of answers here for your discovery.

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Hi Robert, Go on ebay and get yourself some urine test strips. I had stinging when I peed and it turned out to be that my urine was extremely acid. The test strips showed this. I took one of those vitamin drinks that contain magnesium and zinc and it fixed the problem in two days.

    Read everything on this Site. Also explore the symptom checker on the home page. It is written by professionals. You put in your symptoms and it lists the possible problems. You get to learn a bunch of new medical words that come in handy when you have to see a doctor.

    At my last visit for my latest problem I took my test strips along and got the same result with less trouble as my Doctor.

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    ...sounds like it might be a meatal stenosis. You should go and see a doctor for their opinion. All the Best- J
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up