When is best time to get pregnant

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm. Currently kn my perdio now maybe 2 more days left. When would be a good time for me to try for a baby? Straight after.?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi ambee,

In my opinion, If you're trying to get pregnant in your 20s, time is on your side – and biology is, too. Your body is ready for pregnancy, and probably will be for a while if you decide to wait to start your family. The most effective time to have sex is during your fertile window, which can last up to six days every month. These six days are the five days leading up to, and the day of, ovulation, when your body releases an egg. So this is the best time to have sex to get pregnant.

• Posted

So would u say to try after my perdio is finished. Its my 3rd child I'm trying for x
  • Posted

Dear ambee, No - you can only get pregnant in the 36 hours after your ovulation. Ovulation usually occurs between 12 and 14 days before your period starts (Fehring et al 2006). There is a great video on youtube called Weired Tips to Get Pregnant Fast, which will answer all your questions. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.