When is it time to see the GP again?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm 72. I have vulval lichen planus and was discharged from the dermatologist (who diagnosed me by biopsy, after 18 months of symptoms) in May, after all the inflammation had cleared - it took nearly a year for this to happen.   After four weeks just using Zeroderm and no Dermovate, the inflammation returned. Since then, I have followed the dermatologist's regime of daily Dermovate for a month, then twice a week, but a small area of inflammation remains particularly stubborn.

I'm tempted to leave it for another month before I go back to the GP as I would really like to cope with this on my own, but, at the same time, I am concerned about this inflamed area.  Any thoughts?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I would go back to your doctor I'm having the same problem myself and I've got an appointment with a dermatologist I two weeks time 

• Posted

Thank you Gillian.  The dermatologist did say she would be happy to see me again, so I'll follow your advice and see what the GP says.  I hope your dermatology appointment goes well and things improve for you.

• Posted

Thank you cheetah and I hope you get the right treatment to clear your problem up to keep me updated 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.