When it comes to biopsies, why does size matter more than growth and spread?

Posted , 1 user is following.

About 6 year a ago I had intuccesseption. Dr suspected possible lymphoma but with nothing else to go on, let it go. A year later a submental node appeared then a few more another year at this point I say something its nothing. Then also submandiblur also appears. Another year passes and nodes are hard as rock and fixed. The c.t said they are less than centimeter and my left sclernomastoid muscle was asymmetrical and needed further evaluation. Nothing done. Had a c.t 3 years ago and had one this month. Within those 3 years I now have new nodes auxiliary and subcentimeter mediastinal nodes. 3 years ago I went for biopsy that I was denied because they were too small. It didn't matter that over a period of a few years they grew and spread only that they were small. Now I go again 3 years later and now present in 3 sub groups and they only measured the biggest 2 and the bilateral submandiblur one on left went from 1.0×0.4 cm to 1.4×1.0 cm. The right submandiblur went from 0.9×0.5 cm to 1.6×1.0 cm. I say went from because its compared from 3 years ago. It apparently spreads quicker than it grows but why does size matter? What should matter is growth and spread. Anybody have any advice? Should I be worried? Because my has hurts and so does my chin I get out of breath easy and I'm soo tired!!

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.