When it rains, it pours.

Posted , 3 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

As some of you may know, I've had 2 ankle surgeries, one was a revision surgery to fix a torn ligament and attempt a repair of a tendon.

Neither surgery went well, the first surgeon had botched the surgery and got away with it.

The second surgery tried to fix the damage he claimed wasn't there, but clearly showed in an MRI.

Anyways, the revision surgery was in May, the tendon was beyond repair, but the ligament was repaired.

3 weeks ago, I had a fluke accident that has probably torn the ligament again, I walked into a box that I never had a problem with in the past.

I saw my surgeon the day before I moved, he's concerned about me tearing the ligament up again. He's ordered an ultrasound to confirm this.

In Tuesday, my dog didn't help any when I brought her home to my new place. She did well getting out of the van, but in the sidewalk she suddenly bolted and nearly yanked me to the ground. My ankle twisted in the walking boot.

When I took it off later, there was a lot more swelling in the area. Using an ice pack did nothing to help the swelling.

So I'm hoping to have that ultra soon, but I'm going to wait until spring for surgery if I need it.

I'm not happy about this at all.

0 likes, 5 replies


5 Replies

  • Posted

    Hi Kristina,

    I remember your earlier post.

    Sorry to hear of your misfortunes with the medical profession, and your frustrating misadventures with the ankle.

    It just goes to show that ankle patients can't afford to let down our guard. We must be especially vigilant and demanding with our medical care, and in protecting precious ankles.

    Best of luck to you.

    • Posted

      I still don't have the ultrasound appointment booked, hopefully soon.

      But I've been having more pain, and my dog suddenly pulling me while out for walks doesn't help.

      The front tendon is still quite painful about a month after the accident, so is the ligament.

      Hopefully I get this soon so I can get things sorted out.

    • Posted

      My ultrasound is next Friday, hopefully we can now get to the bottom of what's going on.

      I put my brace back on, out of the walking boot due to snow. It's still really painful, but getting a few inches of snow, I can't wear the boot and expect to stay dry.

  • Posted


    Hang in there, you'll get through all this by using fortitude and persistance.

    They make waterproof coverings for CAM boots so you can wear them in rain and snow with confidence.

    • Posted

      There are ones for the aircast, but they've gotten lousy reviews, they're not waterproof at all, which sucks.


Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up