When Mert. Withdrawal Stops?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I was wondering when the MT withdrawal stops, is it abrupt just disappearing, or does it move slowly? How do you know when it is reaching the end? Thank you for your time...

Best Regards, Tom

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I found the withdrawals came and went and just decreased with time. They alternated between, headaches, anger, crying and insomnia.

hope this helps

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. I've been off the MT for 7 weeks last fri. I am still having alot of problems anxiety, insomnia, Nausea, some crying spells (I believe they are from being just plain worn out wishing for relief), goofy dreams, and etc...

I've noticed lately, I have a good day followed by a bad on, and so on. Each day I hope for relief, even two good days together. I would have never taken this stuff, if I knew what I was in for. I was on 45mgs for almost 3 months. This is a heavy price to pay, for what amounted to a good sleeping pill for me...

Thanks, Tom

• Posted

My thoughts exactly Tom. They got me through a real tough time, but I've had 3 months of hell coming off of them. They are narcotics in legal form.
  • Posted

I believe you are right. I know I was depressed, so I thought I would see a physco for some of what I called \"happy pills\". I didn't know any better, because thats the way they make them sound. I didn't realize just how powerful and agonizing they could be. They have people desensitized to them. I thought you could try one, and if it didn't work right, just try another. I found out different!!!

I got around 3.5 hour of sleep last night before I woke up, with my heart racing & I was really sweating. Then I guess I dosed off again for a few hours, and woke up the same way. I did that three or four times, then finally just got up. I feel a little better today, but I know the wolf is at the door. My wife has had to take 12 weeks off work FMLA leave. Then she has to go back, or loose her job. she has 20 days left, and I am terrified, because of the terrible anxiety. She helps me keep it from going into a full blown panic. Don't know what I'm going to do. I felt fine before this drug experience, expept for that bit of depression, that seem like heaven now in comparison to this hell...

Thanks for listening John...

Best Regards, Tom

• Posted

P.S. Nausea is a biggie in the symptom line up. I've alway's been known as a big eater. I can barely look at food. I actually force feed, and have lost 15lbs. This stuff could be used as weapon... Seriously...

John, What were your biggest symptoms? Also, now that you are coming down. What are your biggest symptoms, and are they liveable now?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.