When’s the best time to take Zoloft??

Posted , 4 users are following.

I started zoloft 2 days ago (50mg) but ive been taking half. I take it around midnight and feel tired/sleepy the next day! Is this normal? My prescription label says to take zoloft in the morning but my doctor said to start taking it at night for the first few days. When's the best time to take zoloft? Before going to sleep or in the morning? Also, Im trying to lose weight and have cut down on my calorie which could be another reason why I feel super tired.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It is possible its zoloft that is making you tired...and that is why you were told to take at night...mayby when you get used to it...you wont get tired, and can start to take it in the morning...go with your body, as we are all different, and there is no right time to take it...it depends on your own body..my 2 sisters are on it, one is taking it at night, and the other one is taking it in the morning....so just do what is right for you, and dont be worrying.....

• Posted

when I first started taken it I was really tired for like a week!, all i did was sleep for the first 3 days and I was taking it at 2 in the afternoon, after about a week it went away, its just abit of a side effect but dosent last long so dosent really matter when you take it I guess.

• Posted

yeah I have been on it for about 6 weeks and it has helped me. I use to feel on edge constantly and always feel awful but I dont feel that way no more, I've had the odd bad days tho when my aniexty had crept up but I have been able to handle it alot more

• Posted

I've had anxiety for a couple years and recently suffered a few brief "panic attacks" as well. I've found activities like progressive muscle relaxation and breathing exercises are useful, but now I'm trying Zoloft. I'm starting with 12.5 mg for five days and 25 mg thereafter. I had tried Prozac over a year ago, but the side effects were intolerable. Anyway, I also suffer from middle-of-the-night insomnia and have used Lunesta (2 mg) somewhat regularly for the past 9 months. It still works rather well. Yesterday, I took my first Zoloft at 16:30. I took a Lunesta at 22:30 and found that I could not get to sleep...even with Lunesta! That's never happened to me before. I did fall asleep eventually, perhaps by around 23:30. Well, today I took my Zoloft at 09:30, so I'll see what tonight brings, but if I continue Zoloft it'll be a morning pill.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.