When should you to to the hospital?

Posted , 11 users are following.

With this new setback I am on day 3. I am now officially down 15 pounds. I have had barely any sleep to boot with horrible night sweats. I just don't know what to do anymore and am losing hope. My doctors nurse told me to wait a few more days and come in if need be. Help.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Wendi-

I'm really sorry. I know it's flat out agonizing. When I was at that point, not sleeping etc I finally called the Dr and she gave me something to help me sleep. After that I started feeling a lot better. It wasn't a cure all by any means but it helped tremendously. I also notice when I'm not sleeping well my anxiety level is higher with this too. That also has been a bit better since I'm able to get more rest during the night. 

• Posted

Wendi, sorry you are suffering so!

I also went through wait loss, nausea, diarrhea, palpitations, arrhythmias, visual problems, noise and light sensitivity, headaches, anxiety, fear, worry, stomach aches, head and neck pain. I would be better for a few months only to go down again.

This is what I learned from my experiences.

Accept you have to wait this out. Rest. Calm yourself as much as possible. Repeat to yourself this will not last forever. Absolutely no exercise other than very short walks . Sit outside getting a few minutes if sunshine. Do something you enjoy everyday. It may be no more than listening to one song, read 1 chapter, think on things you will do when you have recovered. Have someone if possible hug you and tell you often you will get well!

I went to the ER twice. If I had it to do over I would not go. I heard the same things over each time. No real help. But do what you feel is necessary for you to recover!

These relapses will get less often and less lengthy!

Don't push. When you feel better rest often! It will be quiet a while before you are fully back to pre virus health.

F-false E-Evidence A-appearing R-Real tells us lies and takes away our Hope!

I have been where you seem to be!

Try to push fluids...try to avoid dehydration.

Prayers, Rhonda

• Posted

Hi Rhonda,

i LOVE your advice, I think it's very very good and anyone reading it should really  take it! 

Accepting you have to rest is so true. And having someone tell you this is going is very important too. Because it is true, whether it takes weeks, months or years.

i hope you are keeping well

caroline??

• Posted

Thank you Caroline! Your post have been tremendously encouraging to me throughout my recovery process!!!!

My husband are leaving Arizona with our fith wheel today, Lording willing. We plans to be on the road 2 or 3 months. I am so grateful and thankful to be able to try this adventure!

Hope you are able to enjoy a great holiday soon with your family!

God Bless and keep you, make His face shine upon you and be gracious unto you, may He lift His countenance upon you and give peace! I pray for courage, strength and endurance as you continue to recover!

Prayers, Rhonda

• Posted

Rhonda,

Thank you so much for sharing this, I really needed it. I need to read this to myself everyday! It's all so helpful. I try to stay positive but it really gets hard sometimes. The days have never been so long. 

• Posted

I try.....its just very hard. Especially since I am sleep deprived and I have never been able to nap. I was doing so well and then BAM!!!

• Posted

Rhonda,

I have just re-read your advice - WONDERFUL!  It is so encouraging at this difficult time of illness and uncertainty.

If I am not mistaken, you are going on a trip soon with your partner. I am so happy for you....Enjoy and be safe!

All the very best,

Kiki x

• Posted

I'm so sorry you're going through this, Wendi...as others have said, I've been there and know how you feel. I went to the ER 3 times during my early months with this virus (once for heart palpitations, once with extreme stomach pain and once for numbness/tingling). All 3 times were awful and the wait times/blood draws were what really made me worse. I did find, however, that every time I was found to be very dehydrated and given fluids, and the fluids made me feel SO MUCH better. So from then on, I began seeking out places to get IV fluids. Look into services in your area that offer IV therapies, or even call up your local urgent care to ask if they can give you some. I know food may not sound so appetizing, but try your best to eat clean/lots of fruits and veggies (I credit blueberries with the progress i've made...a VERY strong antiviral). You will get through this!

• Posted

I've had all of these symptoms but apparently I don't/haven't got mono. It isn't much fun at all, but I'm trying to keep my sense of humor up and look for the positives. I've had so many tests and the doctors haven't found a single thing wrong with me, so I can't be in too bad a shape. cheesygrin

• Posted

I have no idea, just that they tested me for it and said I haven't got it.

So it isn't flu, strep or mono for me, but certainly had/have been getting mono-like symptoms.

• Posted

It's been my experience with doctors they they either treat you like it's all in your head, or they tell you to rest and drink plenty of fluids. This has been going on for years for me. I don't mean to discourage you, Wendi, but when you do get to feeling good again, be careful about getting run down again.

• Posted

Hi Wendi,

Really so sorry to hear you are having an awful week, really hoping things settle down soon. Rhonda's words are amazing advice I couldn't say anything that is better than how she puts it! Remember this won't last forever as Rhonda says, it's so hard when in the midst of it and it goes on so long I really do understand. It's painful and it hurts deeply when it affects your whole stability and lifestyle and how you feel about yourself.

Definitely go back to see the doctor / nurse if you are still not feeling great, even if it means going sooner than they told you, that is definitely okay because when you're struggling you just really need some help and guidance and reassurance. Like Rhonda and Caroline and all the guys, want to reassure you that these horrible lapses do pass and things will settle and the whole virus gets better eventually. Thinking of you and hoping for a better day today.

Craig

• Posted

I managed a whole nights sleep last night. It was broken up in to chunks but I was happy for it smile Now if I can just eat. That is my goal for today. 
    • Posted

That is good that you were able to get a good sleep Wendi, really hoping that your sleep pattern is going to be much more settled from here on in, trusting God. Good luck with trying to eat things, it must be so hard when not feeling at all like it or able to take anything down, I guess just trying light things is best to start with and hoping it can help nourish and build up appetite a bit more.

Thinking of you and remember you ARE going to get better Wendi, I truly believe that.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.