When this pain will go away?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I m worried i am suffering from this pain since 20 days. Have no vomitings just a pain that worsens on eating. I have stayed without eating anything for 3 days and just relied or water and juices. And i am on porridge, cornflakes, cerelac since after the diagnosis of pancreatitis. No gallstones. I have completed course of 3 antibiotics 3 times for 5 days, using painkillers too. Amylase has reduced from 291 to.195 but pain is here due to.which i even cannot eat more than 5 spoons of porridge. Tell me when this pain will go away?? My case is mild but pain is still here and i have lost 5 kgs weight. .

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

the pancreas is a strange organ.  It supposedly needs "rest" when it has pancreatitis...every time you eat it starts to "work" and it doesnt want to.  I know it can be very painful (my husband had it)  I think you should keep on the soft food maybe even make up some "smoothies" anything that you can get down easily. You might ask if you should go back to liquid diet only.  Its awful I know...Best of luck and best wishes   hang in there    keep us posted
    • Posted

Thank you so much

I am taking soft diet and more liquids. Not taking any solid even non fat cookies and bran bread. But still i have so much pain... i think it will go all of a sudden just like it came :-/

Waiting for the amylase level to come back to normal.Yes its really painful and uncomfortable.

• Posted

so sorry you are having to go thru this....good healing thoughts going out to you across the sea    (U.S.A. to U.K.)  smile
  • Posted

Hello Shaiza.. hope you are well now.. This is mild pancreatits.. your amylase and lypase should be 100 only.. it is mild as of now but can be acute if you eat fatty foods.. please be careful about what not to eat because we have to be specific about our diets.. at this moment please go back to dr. and consult if you could take enzymes which can help in digestion..please ask him if you can have creon 10000 tablets which can add to help in digestion.. if he say yes then you can carry on with few more days.. i believe that after some days with low fat diet .. your problem will be resolved.. and remember you would never drink if you do.. and try to have 0 fat diet.. drink water at max and walk instead of exercising too much.. take rest as much as you can .. sit straight and have frequent fat free diet.... please be extra careful now for at leat a month or two.. so that your pancreas could get back to normal.. hope you get well soon 
    • Posted

Thank you kapil... yes i am having juices, water, and cornflakes in milk or porridge. My portion of food is just too little as i cannot eat much because of the pain. I asked my doctor about enzyme supplements but he did'nt show any approval for those medicines. I just want this pain to go away so that i can maintain my balanced diet because right now i am just so uncomfortable and cannot even finish one glass of juice in 15 minutes as it causes pain. Amylase is 195 hope it reduces to 100 or 85 and pain also gets reduced. I dont drink alcohol. Pray for me thank you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.