When to go back to work

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi.

I've posted a few discussions on here and found it to be really helpful.

I'm thinking about work. My OP was 1st Feb so nearly 4 weeks. I've had a few issues with bleeding and thankfully this appears to be slowly easing. Now I'm thinking about work ... maybe give myself anothe 2 weeks??

I'm a community mental health nurse and will only be working part time. It does involve a bit of driving but nothing full on.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,

I think the 'rule of thumb' is 6 weeks before returning to work just so long as no heavy lifting is involved, also RE driving, if you are able to comfortably carry out an emergency stop then you should be ok though you may need to check with your insurance company first to see what their policies are for this.

• Posted

Only you know what your job involves but I think giving youself another 2 weeks at least, Is being sensible and just be aware driving will put pressure on your abdominals. Good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.